If you are logged in
, your referral link [?]
is automatically included below.
EMBED CODE (Copy and Paste)
The full course on Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Emergency Shutdown (ESD), in accordance with the IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 standards and boiler/gas turbine control safety instrumented systems, consists of 19 training modules. This document refers to the 19th training module only, which is a compilation of FAQs:
1. What is a SIS?
2. What is a SIF?
3. What is SIL?
4. What does functional safety mean?
5. Why were the ANSI/ISA 84, IEC 61508, and IEC 61511 standards developed?
6. When do I need a SIF or a SIS?
7. What is a proof-test interval?
8. What is a Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and who conducts this?
9. What voting configurations are required for each SIL level?
10. Will a SIL rated system require increased maintenance?
11. Can a F&G system be a SIF or SIS?
12. What is SIL 4?
13. Can an individual product be SIL rated?
14. What are the process plant requirements for devices used in SIS loops when IEC 61508 is applied?
15. What type of communication buses or protocols are applicable for SIL 2 or SIL 3 systems?
16. Can a field mounted device be SIL approved by TÜV, FM, or Exida for SIS applications?
17. What changes can be expected in the future?
Upon the successful completion of the full SIS/ESD course (all 19 modules), you will be able to:
* Apply a comprehensive knowledge in safety instrumented systems (SIS) and emergency shutdown in accordance with the IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 standards and boiler/gas turbine control safety instrumented systems
* Differentiate safety instrumented systems, control system, and ESD system
* Review the concepts and requirements of IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 standards
* Determine the safety integrity level (SIL), as well as recognize technology choices and reliability analysis
* Perform proper initial system evaluation and discuss the issues related to field devices
* Explain safety systems engineering and carryout system installation covering factor acceptance testing, validation, site acceptance tests, functional safety assessment, pre-start-up safety review, handover to operations, start-up, and post start-up activities
* Recognize the need for functional testing and define hazards and risks
* Illustrate SIS design for gas turbines, gas compressors, and gas stations, as well as SIS design for waste heat boilers
We can also furnish additional materials via email relevant to your purchased document(s).
For an additional fee, we can provide technical support to relevant engineering projects.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the form to the right. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: SIS & ESD (IEC 61511, 61508) Training - FAQs PowerPoint document
This document can be purchased as part of a discount bundle:
This document is part of the following Business Toolkit:
SIS & ESD (IEC 61511, 61508) Training - FAQs
Sold by XRS Consulting Engineers (this author has 64 documents)
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Operations Health & Safety
It applies to All Industries.
File Type: PowerPoint (ppt)
File Size: 185.5 KB
Number of Slides: 20
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
Initial upload date (first version): Dec 29, 2017
Most recent version published: Dec 30, 2017
Ask the Author a Question
Must be logged in
Click here to log in
Report this Document
Please explain why the content is inappropriate and provide as much detail as possible. Possible reasons include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Copyright Violation