Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
WHO: Designed for individuals starting a hotel business.
WHAT: Customizable to fit individuals needs with built in logic to reflect developmental assumptions, including debt, revenue, expenses, equity, as well as generate reports/ summaries.
Users can define:
• Up to 6 sections for development/acquisition/renovation/purchase price assumptions
Each cost includes 22 slots to denote purchase price, and costs for construction, closing, development, as well as any other soft/ hard costs.
User can define the percentage of each cost, e.g., acquisition fee, renovation fee, and/ or percentage of startup cost.
• Up to 20 room types
Including count of each room type and base room rate with configurations to consider variations in price due to supply/ demand, seasonality, etc.
• Staff schedule, staff type, count, cost, growth rate, and payroll taxes/ benefits
• Fixed expenses (monthly total, start month, annual growth rate)
Generated reports/ summaries include:
• Monthly/ annual cash flow & operating details
• Monthly/ annual balance sheet and income/ cash flow statement
• Annual executive summary
• Discounted cash flow analysis and internal rate of return for: entire project, Investors, and sponsors
• Operating visuals (charts/ graphs)
• Income report for all contributions
Equity Structure, Two options:
• First, simple cap table with defined inputs for total equity contributed by LP/GP and defined percentage for how much of the distributions flow back to each. Template will solve for minimum equity required based on all negative cash flows.
• Second, monthly IRR hurdle-based waterfall where defined equity contribution rates and distribution rates vary based on the return achieved by the LP. Acquisition/ management fees are paid as income to the GP. IRR/ equity multiple will be display for both sides of the real estate joint venture structure based on monthly cash flows.
• Depreciation drivers for each initial cost
• Going-in capitalization rate
• (Up to) 10-year forecast
• Dynamic end dates/ months
• Ability to select if hotel is sold or not at termination in financial forecast
• Includes exit values based on cap rate and trailing 12-month net operating income
• Option for a REFI to happen on a defined month
HOW: Business template designed in Microsoft Excel. This spreadsheet is dynamic but user friendly!
WHEN: Buy it now!
WHY: To underwrite hotel deals.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Integrated Financial Model, Real Estate, Hotel Industry Excel: Hotel Financial Model: Development, Acquisition, Operating & Dissolution Excel (XLSX) Spreadsheet, Jason Varner | SmartHelping
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: JASON VARNER | SMARTHELPING
I graduated in 2011 with a Bachelors degree in Accounting. From there, I worked at a few small businesses doing financial reporting and some bookkeeping. After a few years of that, I started doing freelance financial consulting work on Elance and Upwork.
After over 400 jobs completed with a 100% success rate, I now run my own modeling/consulting practice and continue to build new financial models every few weeks. [read more]
I occasionally take on custom financial modeling work.
Jason Varner | SmartHelping has published 120 additional documents on Flevy.
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S Strategy Model, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Experience Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
Real Estate Underwriting Templates / Deal Analyzers
This bundle contains 15 additional documents.
"I have found Flevy to be an amazing resource and library of useful presentations for lean sigma, change management and so many other topics. This has reduced the time I need to spend on preparing for my performance consultation. The library is easily accessible and updates are regularly provided. A wealth of great information."
– Cynthia Howard RN, PhD, Executive Coach at Ei Leadership
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"As a young consulting firm, requests for input from clients vary and it's sometimes impossible to provide expert solutions across a broad spectrum of requirements. That was before I discovered Flevy.com.
Through subscription to this invaluable site of a plethora of topics that are key and crucial to consulting, I have been able to exceed expectations and deliver quality advice and solutions to my clients. The quality and expertise of the authors are exemplary and gives me great confidence to use as part of my service offerings.
I highly recommend this company for any consultant wanting to apply international best practice standards in their service offerings. "
– Nishi Singh, Strategist and MD at NSP Consultants
"I have used FlevyPro for several business applications. It is a great complement to working with expensive consultants. The quality and effectiveness of the tools are of the highest standards."
– Moritz Bernhoerster, Global Sourcing Director at Fortune 500
"My FlevyPro subscription provides me with the most popular frameworks and decks in demand in today’s market. They not only augment my existing consulting and coaching offerings and delivery, but also keep me abreast of the latest trends, inspire new products and service offerings for my practice, and educate me in a fraction of the time and money of other solutions. I strongly recommend FlevyPro to any consultant serious about success."
– Bill Branson, Founder at Strategic Business Architects
"Flevy is our 'go to' resource for management material, at an affordable cost. The Flevy library is comprehensive and the content deep, and typically provides a great foundation for us to further develop and tailor our own service offer."
– Chris McCann, Founder at Resilient.World
"As a small business owner, the resource material available from FlevyPro has proven to be invaluable. The ability to search for material on demand based our project events and client requirements was great for me and proved very beneficial to my clients. Importantly, being able to easily edit and tailor the material for specific purposes helped us to make presentations, knowledge sharing, and toolkit development, which formed part of the overall program collateral. While FlevyPro contains resource material that any consultancy, project or delivery firm must have, it is an essential part of a small firm or independent consultant's toolbox."
– Michael Duff, Managing Director at Change Strategy (UK)
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.