Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
Strategic Planning and Execution – Best Practice PPT
1. Major Components of The Strategic Plan
2. SWOT Analysis
3. Five Tasks of Strategic Planning
4. Forming a Strategic Vision
5. Setting Objectives & Crafting Strategy
6. Strategic Objectives in Four Balanced Scorecard
7. Strategy Implementation and Execution
8. Strategy Evaluation and Monitoring
9. Strategy Hierarchy
10. Factors Shaping the Choice of Strategy
11. Strategic Analysis and Strategic Choices
12. Three Tests of Best Strategy
13. Porter's Five Forces
14. The Intensity of Rivalry
15. Barriers to Entry & Threats of Substitutes
16. Supplier & Buyer Power
17. Sample Form for an Industry and Competitive Analysis Summary
18. Five Generic Competitive Strategies
19. Generic Strategies and Industry Forces
20. Building a Capable Organization
21. Strategy-supportive Reward System & Corporate Culture
22. Strategic Leadership
23. Linking Budget to Strategy
24. Strategy-supportive Policy
25. Continuous Improvement
26. Information Support System
Strategic planning is a process in which an organization's leaders define their vision for the future and identify their organization's goals and objectives. The process includes establishing the sequence in which those goals should be realized so that the organization can reach its stated vision.
Strategic planning typically represents mid- to long-term goals with a life span of three to five years, though it can go longer. This is different than business planning, which typically focuses on short-term, tactical goals, such as how a budget is divided up. The time covered by a business plan can range from several months to several years.
The product of strategic planning is a strategic plan. It is often reflected in a plan document or other media. These plans can be easily shared, understood and followed by various people including employees, customers, business partners and investors.
Organizations conduct strategic planning periodically to consider the effect of changing business, industry, legal and regulatory conditions. A strategic plan may be updated and revised at that time to reflect any strategic changes.
Businesses need direction and organizational goals to work toward. Strategic planning offers that type of guidance. Essentially, a strategic plan is a roadmap to get to business goals. Without such guidance, there is no way to tell whether a business is on track to reach its goals.
The following four aspects of strategy development are worth attention:
1. The mission. Strategic planning starts with a mission that offers a company a sense of purpose and direction. The organization's mission statement describes who it is, what it does and where it wants to go. Missions are typically broad but actionable.
2. The goals. Strategic planning involves selecting goals. Most planning uses SMART goals – specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound – or other objectively measurable goals. Measurable goals are important because they enable business leaders to determine how well the business is performing against goals and the overall mission.
3. Alignment with short-term goals. Strategic planning relates directly to short-term, tactical business planning and can help business leaders with everyday decision-making that better aligns with business strategy. For the fictitious educational business, leaders might choose to make strategic investments in communication and collaboration technologies,
4. Evaluation and revision. Strategic planning helps business leaders periodically evaluate progress against the plan and make changes or adjustments in response to changing conditions. For example, a business may seek a global presence, but legal and regulatory restrictions could emerge that affect its ability to operate in certain geographic regions.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Strategic Planning PowerPoint Slides: Strategic Planning and Execution - Best Practice PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, UJ Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: UJ CONSULTING
Untung Juanto ST., MM. Founder of UJ Consulting. He is professionally experienced business and management consultant in several local and multinational companies. [read more] He has an experience in managing an effective and efficient company with various approach methods adapted to different industries because He had a career from the lower management level as Supervisor before finally being at the top management level. His Top Management experience started from the position of General Manager, VP Operation, HR Director and Business Development Director
He completed his undergraduate education majoring in Architecture at Diponegoro University, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. After that, He continued to Master of Management level majoring in Human Resource Management with cum laude predicate with a GPA of 3.94 at Mercubuana University, Jakarta, Indonesia.
His last work experience as Deputy President Director at Hutahaean Group in charge of 14 business units engaged in various industries including CPO Production, Oil Palm Plantation, Cassava Plantation, Tapioca flour production, 4 and 5 star hotels, waterparks, golf courses and housing with a total of employees more than 3,000 employees.
His biggest achievement was in 2021 when He served as Deputy President Director at Hutahaean Group Indonesia by increasing the company's revenue from IDR 700 billion to IDR 1.1 trillion (y/y) and increasing the profit margin by more than 20%. Doing a turn around on business units that have lost in the last 5 years become profits. In addition, He have also succeeded in creating an efficient and effective management system by redesigning the Business Process Management (BPM), reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions and compiling the appropriate Key Performance Indicator Management (KPIM) to increase employee productivity.
He is currently active as a part-time business and management consultant (online) at Enquire Corp. and Flevy Corp. In addition, He also teach part-time at several universities for courses in strategic management, human resource management, project management, entrepreneurship and business.
UJ Consulting has published 171 additional documents on Flevy.
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S Strategy Model, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Experience Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
The Ultimate Strategic Management
This bundle contains 17 additional documents.
The Ultimate Strategic Planning
This bundle contains 14 additional documents.
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
"The wide selection of frameworks is very useful to me as an independent consultant. In fact, it rivals what I had at my disposal at Big 4 Consulting firms in terms of efficacy and organization."
– Julia T., Consulting Firm Owner (Former Manager at Deloitte and Capgemini)
"As a niche strategic consulting firm, Flevy and FlevyPro frameworks and documents are an on-going reference to help us structure our findings and recommendations to our clients as well as improve their clarity, strength, and visual power. For us, it is an invaluable resource to increase our impact and value."
– David Coloma, Consulting Area Manager at Cynertia Consulting
"I have used FlevyPro for several business applications. It is a great complement to working with expensive consultants. The quality and effectiveness of the tools are of the highest standards."
– Moritz Bernhoerster, Global Sourcing Director at Fortune 500
"One of the great discoveries that I have made for my business is the Flevy library of training materials.
As a Lean Transformation Expert, I am always making presentations to clients on a variety of topics: Training, Transformation, Total Productive Maintenance, Culture, Coaching, Tools, Leadership Behavior, etc. Flevy usually has just what I need to make my point.
It is well worth the money to purchase these presentations. Sure, I have the knowledge and information to make my point. It is another thing to create a presentation that captures what I want to say. Flevy has saved me countless hours of preparation time that is much better spent with implementation that will actually save money for my clients."
– Ed Kemmerling, Senior Lean Transformation Expert at PMG
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"I like your product. I'm frequently designing PowerPoint presentations for my company and your product has given me so many great ideas on the use of charts, layouts, tools, and frameworks. I really think the templates are a valuable asset to the job."
– Roberto Fuentes Martinez, Senior Executive Director at Technology Transformation Advisory
"FlevyPro provides business frameworks from many of the global giants in management consulting that allow you to provide best in class solutions for your clients."
– David Harris, Managing Director at Futures Strategy
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.