Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
This document provides a holistic approach for undertaking strategic planning. While covering the traditional strategic planning approach, the document touches on adaptations that may be used in an unpredictable environment.
1. Strategic Planning Overview
• Key questions and associated stages
• Key stages and associated elements
• Adaptation in an unpredictable environment
• Strategy approaches
2. Strategic Planning Process
• Main planning phases
• Breakdown of main phases
• Key planning activities and methods
• Typical timeline for traditional strategic planning
3. Strategic Intent
• Key elements of the Strategic Direction Statement
• Strategy and culture
• Goals vs objectives
• Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG)
• Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) – examples
4. Stakeholder Analysis
• Mapping the key stakeholders
5. Internal Analysis
• Sources of competitive advantage
• VRIO analysis
• Porter's value chain
6. Environmental Analysis
• PEST analysis sample factors
• PEST analysis factors – summary slide
• PESTEL analysis sample factors
• PESTEL analysis factors – summary slide
• Impact/uncertainty matrix
• Scenario identification
• Identified key scenarios descriptions – summary slide
7. Industry Analysis
• Porter's five forces analysis
• Porter's five forces analysis – key factors to consider
• Porter's five forces analysis – summary slide
• Industry life cycle
• Industry life cycle with Porter's five forces
8. Market Analysis
• The BCG portfolio matrix
• The BCG portfolio matrix with characteristics
• The BCG portfolio matrix – plotted
• McKinsey/GE matrix
• McKinsey/GE matrix – potential actions
• McKinsey/GE matrix – plotted
9. Competitor Analysis
• Competitor identification
• Competitive benchmarking by relevant industry indicators
• Competitive profile matrix (CPM)
10. Strategic Synthesis
• Situation analysis drives strategy formulation and plans
• SWOT analysis – key elements and actions
• SWOT analysis – key questions to consider
• SWOT analysis – potential factors to consider
• SWOT analysis – summary slide
• Internal Factor Evaluation (IFE) matrix
• External Factor Evaluation (EFE) matrix
11. Strategy Formulation
• Strategy levels – a typical large company
• Strategy levels – a typical small company
• Porter's generic strategies
• Strategy types
• SPACE matrix
• Ansoff's matrix
• Ansoff's matrix – potential actions
• Blue ocean strategy
• Risk management process
• Risk rating matrix
• Risks and contingencies
12. Strategy Implementation
• McKinsey 7S model
• Balanced scorecard
• Balanced scorecard – cause and effect
• Balanced scorecard – cascading strategies and objectives
• Strategy map – strategic theme
• Strategy map – sample objective, measures, targets and initiatives
• Objectives vs goals
• Objectives – SMART
• Initiative action plan
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Strategic Planning, Consulting Frameworks, Strategy Frameworks, Strategic Analysis PowerPoint Slides: Strategic Planning: Process, Key Frameworks, and Tools PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, ILMAM - Strategy & Management Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: ILMAM - STRATEGY & MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
ILMAM is a strategy and management consulting provider that specializes in:
• Strategic management, including strategic planning and performance management
• Strategy enablers, such as key business processes and governance
Select top quality guides and tools are offered through to enable you to perform work at your company or support your clients effectively and efficiently.
ILMAM - Strategy & Management Consulting has published 7 additional documents on Flevy.
File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 407.8 KB
Number of Slides: 79 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Strategic Planning Consulting Frameworks Strategy Frameworks Strategic Analysis
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
It applies to All Industries
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
Initial upload date (first version): Aug 21, 2020
Most recent version published: Jun 22, 2022
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
"As an Independent Management Consultant, I find Flevy to add great value as a source of best practices, templates and information on new trends. Flevy has matured and the quality and quantity of the library is excellent. Lastly the price charged is reasonable, creating a win-win value for the customer, Flevy and the various authors. This is truly a service that benefits the consulting industry and associated clients. Thanks for providing this service. "
– Jim Schoen, Principal at FRC Group
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
"As a consulting firm, we had been creating subject matter training materials for our people and found the excellent materials on Flevy, which saved us 100's of hours of re-creating what already exists on the Flevy materials we purchased."
– Michael Evans, Managing Director at Newport LLC
"As a young consulting firm, requests for input from clients vary and it's sometimes impossible to provide expert solutions across a broad spectrum of requirements. That was before I discovered Flevy.com.
Through subscription to this invaluable site of a plethora of topics that are key and crucial to consulting, I have been able to exceed expectations and deliver quality advice and solutions to my clients. The quality and expertise of the authors are exemplary and gives me great confidence to use as part of my service offerings.
I highly recommend this company for any consultant wanting to apply international best practice standards in their service offerings. "
– Nishi Singh, Strategist and MD at NSP Consultants
"Flevy.com has proven to be an invaluable resource library to our Independent Management Consultancy, supporting and enabling us to better serve our enterprise clients.
The value derived from our [FlevyPro] subscription in terms of the business it has helped to gain far exceeds the investment made, making a subscription a no-brainer for any growing consultancy – or in-house strategy team."
– Dean Carlton, Chief Transformation Officer, Global Village Transformations Pty Ltd.
"One of the great discoveries that I have made for my business is the Flevy library of training materials.
As a Lean Transformation Expert, I am always making presentations to clients on a variety of topics: Training, Transformation, Total Productive Maintenance, Culture, Coaching, Tools, Leadership Behavior, etc. Flevy usually has just what I need to make my point.
It is well worth the money to purchase these presentations. Sure, I have the knowledge and information to make my point. It is another thing to create a presentation that captures what I want to say. Flevy has saved me countless hours of preparation time that is much better spent with implementation that will actually save money for my clients."
– Ed Kemmerling, Senior Lean Transformation Expert at PMG
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.