Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
Organizational Behavior (OB)
1. What is Organizational Behavior (OB)
2. OB's Roots in Other Disciplines
3. The Principles of Organizational Behaviour
4. Organizational Behavior Model
5. Stage of Perception
6. Perception Process
7. Factors that Influence Perception
8. Perceptual Biases
9. Types of Attitudes
10. Respond to Job Satisfaction
11. Learning Organization
12. Theory of Learning
13. Pavlovian Model of Classical Conditioning
14. The Big Five Dimensions of Personality
15. Extraversion (positive affective)
16. Extroversion vs Introversion
19. Emotional stability
20. Openness to Experience
21. Integrated Model of OB
22. Need for Organizational Behaviour
23. The organizational behavioural analysis helps in problem prevention
Organizational behavior is the academic study of how people interact within groups. The principles of the study of organizational behavior are applied primarily in attempts to make businesses operate more effectively.
Organizational behavior can be used by managers and consultants to improve the performance of an organization and to address certain key issues that commonly arise. These may include a lack of direction or strategic vision for a company, difficulty getting employees on board with that vision, pacifying workplace conflict or creating a more amenable work environment, issues with training employees, poor communication or feedback, and so on.
Organizational behavior describes how people interact with one another inside of an organization, such as a business. These interactions subsequently influence how the organization itself behaves and how well it performs. For businesses, organizational behavior is used to streamline efficiency, improve productivity, and spark innovation to give firms a competitive edge.
Need for Organizational Behaviour
1. It acts as a roadmap to the lives of members within the organization.
2. Conducts systematic research, which is useful in understanding and predicting organizational life.
3. It helps an individual to understand their behaviour in a better way, and others as well, which improves interpersonal relations between the staff.
4. Helps the managers in perceiving and influencing the environment and organizational events.
5. The organizational behavioural analysis helps in problem prevention.
6. Provides the basis of motivation to the managers to direct and supervise them effectively.
7. It is useful in maintaining cordial industrial relations.
8. The principles of management when implemented effectively, is helpful in motivating employees and retaining talent.
The principles of organizational behaviour are applied to all kinds of organization, irrespective of its size, nature, structure, etc.
1. Individual Differences: It is a universally accepted fact that ‘No two individuals are alike and so does their behaviour, in a particular work situation'. Every person is different from another in their approach, attitude, personality, traits, intelligence, competency, etc.
2. Whole Person: When a person gets appointed in an organization, it is not just their skills which get hired, rather their social background, their likes and dislikes, habits and hobbies are also hired.
3. Caused Behavior: It should be noted that the behaviour of the employee is caused, i.e. influenced and not random. This influenced behaviour is due to the person, to whom the employee believes, as per his/her interest.
4. Human Dignity: This assumption states that the individuals working in the organization are to be treated differently from the rest of the means of production, i.e. every individual must be treated rightfully and with due respect
5. Social system: Organizations are social systems, and so the activities carried out in an organization are regulated by social and psychological principles and laws. As individuals have psychological needs, organizations also have social roles and status. Basically both formal and informal social system exists in an organization together.
6. Mutuality of interests: It is not just the employees who need employment, rather organizations also need people to work for its survival, growth and expansion, so both have mutual interest. As employees see organizations as a means to earn money for their services and reach their goals, the organization also needs people to achieve the organizational goals, timely, smoothly and of mutuality of interest will make no sense to hire people and develop cooperation, as there would be no shared interest.
7. Holistic concept: If you put the above six basic assumptions together, a comprehensive concept will evolve, which explains a people-organization relationship with regard to the whole person, group, organization, and social system.It covers the all-inclusive picture of people working in an organization in an attempt to consider the maximum number of factors which influence the behaviour of people in the organization.
8. Need for management: Knowledge about organizational behaviour and the factors influencing it would be helpful to the management to attain the ultimate goals of the organization in an effective and efficient manner. In this way managers play a key role in planning, organizing, staffing, directing, controlling and coordinating.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Organizational Behavior PowerPoint Slides: Organizational Behavior (OB) PowerPoint (PPT) Presentation, UJ Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: UJ CONSULTING
Untung Juanto ST., MM. Founder of UJ Consulting. He is professionally experienced business and management consultant in several local and multinational companies. [read more] He has an experience in managing an effective and efficient company with various approach methods adapted to different industries because He had a career from the lower management level as Supervisor before finally being at the top management level. His Top Management experience started from the position of General Manager, VP Operation, HR Director and Business Development Director
He completed his undergraduate education majoring in Architecture at Diponegoro University, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. After that, He continued to Master of Management level majoring in Human Resource Management with cum laude predicate with a GPA of 3.94 at Mercubuana University, Jakarta, Indonesia.
His last work experience as Deputy President Director at Hutahaean Group in charge of 14 business units engaged in various industries including CPO Production, Oil Palm Plantation, Cassava Plantation, Tapioca flour production, 4 and 5 star hotels, waterparks, golf courses and housing with a total of employees more than 3,000 employees.
His biggest achievement was in 2021 when He served as Deputy President Director at Hutahaean Group Indonesia by increasing the company's revenue from IDR 700 billion to IDR 1.1 trillion (y/y) and increasing the profit margin by more than 20%. Doing a turn around on business units that have lost in the last 5 years become profits. In addition, He have also succeeded in creating an efficient and effective management system by redesigning the Business Process Management (BPM), reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions and compiling the appropriate Key Performance Indicator Management (KPIM) to increase employee productivity.
He is currently active as a part-time business and management consultant (online) at Enquire Corp. and Flevy Corp. In addition, He also teach part-time at several universities for courses in strategic management, human resource management, project management, entrepreneurship and business.
UJ Consulting has published 171 additional documents on Flevy.
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S Strategy Model, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Experience Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
Complete Organizational Development Best Practices
This bundle contains 9 additional documents.
"Flevy is our 'go to' resource for management material, at an affordable cost. The Flevy library is comprehensive and the content deep, and typically provides a great foundation for us to further develop and tailor our own service offer."
– Chris McCann, Founder at Resilient.World
"One of the great discoveries that I have made for my business is the Flevy library of training materials.
As a Lean Transformation Expert, I am always making presentations to clients on a variety of topics: Training, Transformation, Total Productive Maintenance, Culture, Coaching, Tools, Leadership Behavior, etc. Flevy usually has just what I need to make my point.
It is well worth the money to purchase these presentations. Sure, I have the knowledge and information to make my point. It is another thing to create a presentation that captures what I want to say. Flevy has saved me countless hours of preparation time that is much better spent with implementation that will actually save money for my clients."
– Ed Kemmerling, Senior Lean Transformation Expert at PMG
"As a consulting firm, we had been creating subject matter training materials for our people and found the excellent materials on Flevy, which saved us 100's of hours of re-creating what already exists on the Flevy materials we purchased."
– Michael Evans, Managing Director at Newport LLC
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"As a small business owner, the resource material available from FlevyPro has proven to be invaluable. The ability to search for material on demand based our project events and client requirements was great for me and proved very beneficial to my clients. Importantly, being able to easily edit and tailor the material for specific purposes helped us to make presentations, knowledge sharing, and toolkit development, which formed part of the overall program collateral. While FlevyPro contains resource material that any consultancy, project or delivery firm must have, it is an essential part of a small firm or independent consultant's toolbox."
– Michael Duff, Managing Director at Change Strategy (UK)
"As a young consulting firm, requests for input from clients vary and it's sometimes impossible to provide expert solutions across a broad spectrum of requirements. That was before I discovered Flevy.com.
Through subscription to this invaluable site of a plethora of topics that are key and crucial to consulting, I have been able to exceed expectations and deliver quality advice and solutions to my clients. The quality and expertise of the authors are exemplary and gives me great confidence to use as part of my service offerings.
I highly recommend this company for any consultant wanting to apply international best practice standards in their service offerings. "
– Nishi Singh, Strategist and MD at NSP Consultants
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.