The enhancement of Salesforce
For the past few years, it has already been pretty much established that Salesforce is one of the most innovative CRM platforms out there. A large number of services that have chosen and benefited from it should be enough proof for most people concerned. Sure, you know all about Salesforce CRM and the like, but the probability of a lot of marketers being aware of the Salesforce Lightning program is considerably less.
Now since the benefits of Salesforce are familiar to the majority of business owners, the focus is on Lightning at the moment, since it is a lot more than a mere technological enhancement. It provides you with the unique opportunity to completely rethink and redo your business process as well as making your business a lot more productive in the long run.
How Lightning increases your productivity
To get an illustration of how this program works, we really need to take an insightful look into the various ways in which it is designed to increase your productivity across sales operations. Here are a few pointers illustrating that fact:
- Less time is spent on the customising process: With the out-of-the-box configuration that it has to offer, rest assured that the usual time that one would spend customising services can be freed up easily. This time can then be put to good and efficient use by focusing on company-specific support in particular as well as the vital aspect of coming up with innovative solutions.
- The aspect of Lightning Console Apps: This has a three-column layout as well as optimised workflows that go a long way in navigating and working more productively on the whole. Here, you will be able to not only view, but edit multiple records at the same time, plus having the advantage of quick-access utilities like Open CTI and Lightning Dialer at your fingertips.
- Activity timeline: As the name itself denotes, some of its primary functions are to create various tasks, log calls as well as send all the necessary emails. In the entirety of the activity timeline, one will be able to see all the planned meetings, open tasks and accomplishments since they all fall under the umbrella of activity-enabled objects.
- Task lists: Here, you will get a comprehensive view of all the specific tasks and their details along with the full lists of the tasks that are due for the day, closed tasks and open tasks. In the case of managers, they will be able to see all the tasks that are assigned to people below them in the role hierarchy.
- Various tools that enhance engagement with customers: For instance, a single productivity tool will be able to streamline your entire sales process, customising actions to every page will be in the hands of the utility bar, plus you will be dealing with the most enhanced dashboards and reporting features.
The final word
Once you have thoroughly educated yourself on the Lightning program, you will most certainly be able to identify executive sponsors and stakeholders as well as educate the entirety of your company with various demos and presentations. Most of all, this will also help you to conduct a gap analysis in order to determine which teams, in particular, will end up using Lightning experience.
When it comes to convincing other members of your business about the benefits of Lightning, one must have everything sorted out and prepared from the very start. There are simply no two ways about that fact in any way. Most importantly, you will have to convince them how this platform will help them to sell more. Start with the features and benefits and then focus on the amount of time and resources required for the move to a Lightning program. Plus, if you already use Salesforce, you will be able to make a more well-informed decision regarding the switch to Lightning as well as the estimated launch date when you think it should be done.