Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
In manufacturing operations, standardization is a key element in eliminating process waste and excess inventory and in achieving balanced and synchronous production. Standard work is an agreed upon set of work procedures that effectively combines people, materials and machines to maintain quality, efficiency, safety and predictability. As a foundation stone in Lean manufacturing, standard work establishes the best activities and sequence steps to maximize performance and minimize waste.
This training presentation is specially designed for production teams and managers to understand the basic standard work concepts and applications. Use this training presentation to get everyone on board to maintain quality, efficiency, safety and predictability.
NOTE: This training presentation package includes:
1. Standard Work training presentation (PowerPoint format)
2. Process Capacity Table (Excel format)
3. Standard Work Combination Sheet (Excel format)
4. Standard Work Sheet (Excel format)
5. Takt Time Calculator (Excel format)
6. Time Observation Sheet (Excel format)
7. Work Methods Chart (Excel format)
1. Understand the characteristics of standards in a Lean production system
2. Identify the key benefits and applications of standards and standard work
3. Acquire knowledge of standard work concepts, process and documentation to create stable and repeatable processes to maximize performance and minimize waste
• What is Standard Work?
• What Standard Work Is Not
• Where Did Standard Work Originate?
• Standard Work Creates Stability & Consistency in a Lean Production System
• Standard Assures Quality & Prevents Defects from Happening
• Standard Work Forms the Baseline for Continuous Improvement
• Benefits of Standard Work
• The Framework of Standardization
• What is Standardization?
• Standardization & Simplification
• Subjects for Standardization
• Documents in Manufacturing
• List of Work Standards
• Filling Out Work Instructions
• Work Elements & Unit Analysis
• Operation Instruction Sheet
• Standard Work Overview
• Job Instruction
• Standard Pig Game
• What is a Standard?
• The Lack of Standards Creates Waste & Frustrations
• Example of How the "Stop" Sign was Standardized
• Applications of Standards
• Three Characteristics of a Good Standard
• Types of Standards
• Value of User-friendly Standards
• Problems with Standards Communications
• Three Steps to Establish Standards
4. Standard Work
• What is Standard Work?
• Standard Work
• Six Characteristics of Standard Work
• Standard Work Must Be Current
• Standard Work Must Be Complete
• Standard Work Must Be Clear
• Standard Work Must Be Correct
• Standard Work Must Be Concise
• Standard Work Must Be Communicated
5. Implementing & Sustaining Standard Work
• Ideal Conditions for Standard Work
• Components of Standard Work
• Elements of Standard Work
• Takt Time
• Standard Work Sequence
• Standard Work In Process
• Four Steps of Standard Work
• Process Capacity Table
• Standard Operations Combination Chart
• Work Methods Chart
• Standard Work Chart
• Basics of Time Measurement
• Maintaining Standard Work
• Improving Standard Work
6. Improving Standard Work
• Methods to Increase Productivity
• True versus Apparent Efficiency
• What is Waste?
• Eight Types of Waste
• 3Ms: Muda, Mura & Muri
• Procedure for Kaizen
• Key Points for Standardized Work
• One Piece Flow versus Large Lots
• Standard Work & Safety
• 5S Principles
• Kaizen is Endless
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Lean Management/Enterprise, Standard Work PowerPoint Slides: Lean Standard Work PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, Operational Excellence Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE CONSULTING
Operational Excellence Consulting is a leading management training and consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals and organizations improve their effectiveness and productivity in the post-pandemic new normal. Our mission is to drive lasting beneficial change by leveraging design thinking and lean management approaches.
We work with a diverse range of clients, including government bodies, multinational corporations, and small and medium-sized enterprises, across a wide spectrum of industries.
Our firm offers a comprehensive suite of capabilities, including Design Thinking, Customer Experience Management, Business Model Innovation, Lean Process Redesign, Total Quality Management (TQM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Kaizen, Value Stream Improvement, Hoshin Kanri (Policy Deployment), Problem Solving Techniques & Tools (e.g. PDCA, 8D, A3, etc.), Training Within Industry (TWI), Suggestion System and Benchmarking.
To ensure the widespread adoption of operational excellence techniques and tools, we pride ourselves on developing high-quality, customizable training materials, presentations, frameworks, and templates to complement your training and business needs.
Operational Excellence Consulting has published 209 additional documents on Flevy.
File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 12.9 MB
Number of Slides: 147 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Lean Management/Enterprise Standard Work
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Operations Organization, Change, & HR
It applies to All Industries
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
This product contains a supplemental ZIP document.
Terms of usage (for all documents from Operational Excellence Consulting)
Initial upload date (first version): Apr 7, 2014
Most recent version published: Feb 8, 2021
|This 32-page presentation from Operational Excellence Consulting explains the Lean Management philosophy, based on the Toyota Production System (TPS). Learn to eliminate waste. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
This bundle contains 4 additional documents.
"I have found Flevy to be an amazing resource and library of useful presentations for lean sigma, change management and so many other topics. This has reduced the time I need to spend on preparing for my performance consultation. The library is easily accessible and updates are regularly provided. A wealth of great information."
– Cynthia Howard RN, PhD, Executive Coach at Ei Leadership
"I have used FlevyPro for several business applications. It is a great complement to working with expensive consultants. The quality and effectiveness of the tools are of the highest standards."
– Moritz Bernhoerster, Global Sourcing Director at Fortune 500
"My FlevyPro subscription provides me with the most popular frameworks and decks in demand in today’s market. They not only augment my existing consulting and coaching offerings and delivery, but also keep me abreast of the latest trends, inspire new products and service offerings for my practice, and educate me in a fraction of the time and money of other solutions. I strongly recommend FlevyPro to any consultant serious about success."
– Bill Branson, Founder at Strategic Business Architects
"Flevy is now a part of my business routine. I visit Flevy at least 3 times each month.
Flevy has become my preferred learning source, because what it provides is practical, current, and useful in this era where the business world is being rewritten.
In today's environment where there are so many challenges and there is the need to make the right decisions in a short time, with so much scattered information, we are fortunate to have Flevy. Flevy investigates, selects, and puts at our disposal the best of the best to help us be successful in our work."
– Omar Hernán Montes Parra, CEO at Quantum SFE
"The wide selection of frameworks is very useful to me as an independent consultant. In fact, it rivals what I had at my disposal at Big 4 Consulting firms in terms of efficacy and organization."
– Julia T., Consulting Firm Owner (Former Manager at Deloitte and Capgemini)
"FlevyPro provides business frameworks from many of the global giants in management consulting that allow you to provide best in class solutions for your clients."
– David Harris, Managing Director at Futures Strategy
"As an Independent Management Consultant, I find Flevy to add great value as a source of best practices, templates and information on new trends. Flevy has matured and the quality and quantity of the library is excellent. Lastly the price charged is reasonable, creating a win-win value for the customer, Flevy and the various authors. This is truly a service that benefits the consulting industry and associated clients. Thanks for providing this service. "
– Jim Schoen, Principal at FRC Group
"As a small business owner, the resource material available from FlevyPro has proven to be invaluable. The ability to search for material on demand based our project events and client requirements was great for me and proved very beneficial to my clients. Importantly, being able to easily edit and tailor the material for specific purposes helped us to make presentations, knowledge sharing, and toolkit development, which formed part of the overall program collateral. While FlevyPro contains resource material that any consultancy, project or delivery firm must have, it is an essential part of a small firm or independent consultant's toolbox."
– Michael Duff, Managing Director at Change Strategy (UK)
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.