Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
The Performance Scorecard is a unique framework that acts as an invaluable tool for senior management to cut through the clutter of reviewing multiple (and at times irrelevant) department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provides a single view dashboard to aid performance tracking & strategy execution.
It provides a consolidated template for laying out the organization strategy and an inter-department comparable scoring system that can tracked over time to show the performance trend.
In addition, it facilitates cross-functional collaboration by identifying inter-dependencies and highlighting areas that need coordinated inter-department actions to achieve necessary goals. By prioritizing the most important organizational goals, it alleviates department silo mentality and narrow focus on departmental KPIs
The presentation deck will take you step by step through the entire strategy development and execution process, including the role of the Performance Scorecard. Learn to put into the practice the key steps in the strategy development and execution process-
1. Developing the organization Vision: Know the key elements that define a successful organization vision.
2. Formulating Mission, Objectives and Programs/ Initiatives: Learn how each of these flows sequentially to translate the broad organization vision into key actions at the ground level
3. Strategy Mapping: Learn from a practitioner about one of the most popular strategic management tools in use today- the Balanced Scorecard (BSC), including-
a. Four perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard (Financial, Customer, Internal Business Process, Learning & Development)
b. How to use strategy maps to capture the cause and effect relationships that eventually drive financial returns
c. Sample lists of metrics including leading and lagging indicators for each BSC perspective
d. How to cascade scorecards to align the entire organization towards key goals
4. Performance Tracking: Learn how to use the Performance Scorecard to see exactly how the organization is performing on each key metric and at an aggregate level with the consolidated score. Individual department performance is also represented by an inter-department comparable score.
5. Feedback and Review: Track the performance trend over multiple periods, identify critical variances and take corrective action to address issues in strategy execution.
The excel workbook complete with professional formatting, formulas and macros provides a ready to use template for the Performance Scorecard:
• Key in the required input data and the template will generate a single consolidated score at an organizational level, as well as department scores that can be compared to show relative performance.
• Graphically see the month on month performance trend in this consolidated score
• See performance trend for the individual KPIs as well through miniature cell graphs
• In built traffic lights (Green = equal to or better than ideal/ budget target; Yellow = below target but manageable; Red = very low compared to ideal target) give a quick visual indication of performance on each KPI
• Explicitly identify departmental responsibilities and areas that require cross-functional coordination
a. Excel template requires Microsoft Excel 2010 and above
b. Please read the instruction provided on the cover tab of excel template before beginning
c. Also please enable macros for the document
—-NOW UPDATED TO INCLUDE FACILITATOR NOTES AND PARTICIPANT EXERCISES——
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Balanced Scorecard, Performance Management, Strategy Deployment & Execution, KPI PowerPoint Slides: Supercharge Strategy Execution: Performance Scorecard PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, Trinity
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: TRINITY
Team Trinity comprises management consultants and corporate training professionals with work experience gained in Big 4 consulting firms, and large multi-national organizations.
Our passion is to develop and implement methodologies that help organizations and employees elevate their performance into the top tier. [read more]
Our business frameworks cover strategy development & execution; process streamlining; financial and human resource management.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or comments!
Trinity has published 3 additional documents on Flevy.
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S Strategy Model, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Experience Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
"The wide selection of frameworks is very useful to me as an independent consultant. In fact, it rivals what I had at my disposal at Big 4 Consulting firms in terms of efficacy and organization."
– Julia T., Consulting Firm Owner (Former Manager at Deloitte and Capgemini)
"As a niche strategic consulting firm, Flevy and FlevyPro frameworks and documents are an on-going reference to help us structure our findings and recommendations to our clients as well as improve their clarity, strength, and visual power. For us, it is an invaluable resource to increase our impact and value."
– David Coloma, Consulting Area Manager at Cynertia Consulting
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"My FlevyPro subscription provides me with the most popular frameworks and decks in demand in today’s market. They not only augment my existing consulting and coaching offerings and delivery, but also keep me abreast of the latest trends, inspire new products and service offerings for my practice, and educate me in a fraction of the time and money of other solutions. I strongly recommend FlevyPro to any consultant serious about success."
– Bill Branson, Founder at Strategic Business Architects
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
"I have found Flevy to be an amazing resource and library of useful presentations for lean sigma, change management and so many other topics. This has reduced the time I need to spend on preparing for my performance consultation. The library is easily accessible and updates are regularly provided. A wealth of great information."
– Cynthia Howard RN, PhD, Executive Coach at Ei Leadership
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.