Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
This PowerPoint presentation is a detailed guide to Strategy Development, covering strategy concepts from military strategists (e.g. Sun Tzu's Art of War) to modern day Strategy Development thought leaders (Mintzberg and Bower).
This Strategy Development methodology PPT presentation is divided into 5 sections:
• Strategy Overview – This section discusses framing strategic challenges and and the primary objectives of Strategy.
• Lessons from Military Strategists – Discusses major strategic ideas from Sun Tzu, Antoine-Henri Jomini, Carl von Clausewitz, and John Boyd; with deeper discussion on Sun Tzu's The Art of War.
• Strategy Development Fundamentals – This section discusses approach to strategic challenges, the 5-phase evolution of Strategy Development methodologies & philosophies (from Financial Planning in the 50s to Long-term Planning in the 60s to Strategic Planning in the 70s to Strategic Renewal in the 80s to Strategic Management in the 90s). It then dives into a deeper analysis of today's modern Strategy Development thinking (Mintzberg's Configurational School, Bower's Resource Allocation Process [RAP] School) and Organizational / Bottoms-up Driven vs. Intent / Top-down Driven Strategy Methodology.
• Elements of Strategy Development – This section breaks down all the various elements of Strategic Intent (Battlefields, Objectives, and Core Competencies) and Strategy Execution Design (Strategic Initiatives, Strategy Planning & Budgeting, Organizational Context). It also discusses the ambiguity of Strategy Development as well as maps Strategy Development initiatives to the elements of Strategy Development.
• Strategy Development Approach – This final section pulls everything together and introduces a 9-box Strategy Development framework that captures how Strategy should be applied with varying emphasis at each hierarchical level of the organization. It also breaks down a 3-phase approach to Strategy Development, including hierarchical challenges, key activities, and deliverables:
1. Set Strategic Guidelines
2. Define Strategic Intent
3. Execution Design
Numerous Strategy Development methods and concepts are discussed in this comprehensive presentation. As this is a fully editable PowerPoint presentation, you can also adapt the slides as templates for your own presentations on Strategy Development. This PPT was developed and used by leading global strategy consulting firms.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Strategy Development, Henry Mintzberg PowerPoint Slides: Strategy Development Methodology PowerPoint (PPT) Presentation, LearnPPT
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: LEARNPPT
We are a team of management consultants trained by top tier global consulting firms (including McKinsey, BCG, Deloitte, EY, Capgemini) with a collective experience of several decades. We specialize in business frameworks based on real-life consulting engagements.
Utilize our consulting frameworks to apply structured thinking & analysis to address your business challenges, uncover strategic insights, and implement workable solutions. Our PowerPoint presentations follow traditional consulting slide design formats, starting with a clear slide headline. Easily customize and repurpose our slides for your own business presentations.
Beyond business frameworks & methodologies, we also offer PowerPoint templates and other business templates. Our templates are professionally designed and have been used in thousands of deliverables & work products across hundreds of clients.
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
It applies to All Industries
File Type: PowerPoint (ppt)
File Size: 1.7 MB
Number of Slides: 35 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Strategy Development Henry Mintzberg
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
Initial upload date (first version): Jul 25, 2013
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
Strategy Development Frameworks
This bundle contains 6 additional documents.
"I have found Flevy to be an amazing resource and library of useful presentations for lean sigma, change management and so many other topics. This has reduced the time I need to spend on preparing for my performance consultation. The library is easily accessible and updates are regularly provided. A wealth of great information."
– Cynthia Howard RN, PhD, Executive Coach at Ei Leadership
"The wide selection of frameworks is very useful to me as an independent consultant. In fact, it rivals what I had at my disposal at Big 4 Consulting firms in terms of efficacy and organization."
– Julia T., Consulting Firm Owner (Former Manager at Deloitte and Capgemini)
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"As a small business owner, the resource material available from FlevyPro has proven to be invaluable. The ability to search for material on demand based our project events and client requirements was great for me and proved very beneficial to my clients. Importantly, being able to easily edit and tailor the material for specific purposes helped us to make presentations, knowledge sharing, and toolkit development, which formed part of the overall program collateral. While FlevyPro contains resource material that any consultancy, project or delivery firm must have, it is an essential part of a small firm or independent consultant's toolbox."
– Michael Duff, Managing Director at Change Strategy (UK)
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
"Flevy is our 'go to' resource for management material, at an affordable cost. The Flevy library is comprehensive and the content deep, and typically provides a great foundation for us to further develop and tailor our own service offer."
– Chris McCann, Founder at Resilient.World
"FlevyPro provides business frameworks from many of the global giants in management consulting that allow you to provide best in class solutions for your clients."
– David Harris, Managing Director at Futures Strategy
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.