Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
Hoshin Kanri process (a.k.a. Hoshin Planning or Policy Deployment) is a powerful strategy deployment methodology for defining long-range key entity objectives. These are breakthrough objectives that extend 3-5 years with little change. In addition, the Hoshin Kanri process does not lose sight of the day-to-day business measures required to run the business successfully.
This dual approach provides an extended period of time for the organization to focus its breakthrough effort, and at the same time, continuously improving key business processes day to day.
This methodology continues to be used by some of the world's most successful companies such as Toyota, Komatsu, Rover Group, Texas Instruments, Danaher, Bank of America, Bridgestone Tire, AT&T, Exxon Chemical, etc.
In this Hoshin Kanri PPT training presentation, you will learn the key concepts and principles of hoshin planning, deliver clear communication of the goals that are aligned to the organization's vision, deploy breakthrough objectives that encourage cross-functional team cooperation, and set up a regular review process to ensure successful achievement of your strategic goals.
NOTE: This training package includes:
1. Hoshin Kanri PPT training presentation (PowerPoint format, 16:9 widescreen)
2. Hoshin Kanri PPT training presentation (PowerPoint format, 4:3 standard screen) – FREE
3. Hoshin Kanri templates (Excel format):
• Alignment & Deployment Chart
• Management Control Chart
• Hoshin Action Plan
• Daily Management Matrix
• Hoshin Review Table
• A3 Hoshin Deployment Template (simplified version)
• A3 Hoshin Deployment Template (full version)
With the discipline of Hoshin Kanri in place, you can expect the following benefits:
1. Focuses the entire company on a few vital goals, rather than the trivial many
2. Creates alignment towards breakthrough objectives through involvement of the whole management team in the planning process
3. Communicates the key goals to all managers and staff
4. Integrates and encourages cross-functional cooperation to achieve breakthroughs
5. A review process which holds participants accountable for achieving their part of the plan
1. Understand the key concepts and principles of Hoshin Kanri
2. Describe the Hoshin Kanri approach to strategic planning, strategy deployment and review process for managed change
3. Define the Hoshin Kanri process and tools
4. Gain practical knowledge and skills in planning and deploying Hoshin Kanri in the organization
1. Key Concepts & Principles of Hoshin Kanri
• Symptoms that your Organization Needs to do Hoshin Planning
• Weaknesses of Conventional Planning
• Hoshin Planning at Toyota
• Three Limitations of Standard Strategic Planning
• What is Hoshin Kanri?
• Definition of Hoshin Kanri
• Purpose of Hoshin Kanri
• Benefits of Hoshin Kanri
• Hoshin Kanri Model
• Hoshin Deployment
• Linkages of Hoshin Kanri, Balanced Scorecard & MBO
• Comparison of Hoshin Kanri with MBO
• Breakthrough & Control
• Three Key Underlying Principles of Hoshin Kanri
• Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Cycle
• Pareto Principle (80/20 Rue)
• Cause-and-Effect Relationship
2. Hoshin Kanri Process & Tools
• Review of Strategic Planning Process
• Hoshin Kanri Cascade
• Hoshin Kanri Incorporating the Balanced Scorecard
• Four Key Phases of Hoshin Planning
• Phase 1: Hoshin Generation
• Phase 2: Hoshin Deployment
• Phase 3: Hoshin Implementation
• Phase 4: Hoshin Evaluation
• Common Hoshin Kanri Tools
• Alignment & Deployment Chart
• Daily Management Matrix
• Management Control Chart
• A3 Hoshin Deployment
3. Hoshin Kanri Deployment & Management Reviews
• Types of Hoshin Kanri
• Performance Measurements
• Continuous Improvement
• Improvement Hoshin
• Daily Management
• Cross-functional Management
• Types of Management Reviews
• Checklist for Annual Planning Session
• Guidelines for Managing Review Meetings
4. Effective Hoshin Kanri Deployment
• Three Factors Contributing to Effective Hoshin Kanri
• Factors Contributing to Operating Effectiveness
• Three Dimensions of Coherence
• Factors Affecting Mobilization
• Key Points & Summary
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Strategic Planning, Strategy Development, Strategy Deployment & Execution, Hoshin Kanri PowerPoint Slides: Strategic Planning: Hoshin Kanri (Hoshin Planning) PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, Operational Excellence Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE CONSULTING
Operational Excellence Consulting is a management training and consulting firm that is dedicated to helping individuals and organizations become more effective and productive in the post-pandemic new normal.
Founded with a mission to "helping individuals and organizations become more effective and productive using design thinking and lean management approaches," our aim is to support our clients in designing, managing and executing lasting beneficial change.
We work with government bodies, multinational corporations and small and medium-sized enterprises of a wide spectrum of industries.
Our firm's key capabilities are Design Thinking, Customer Experience Management, Business Model Innovation, Lean Process Redesign, Total Quality Management (TQM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Kaizen, Value Stream Improvement, Hoshin Kanri (Policy Deployment), Problem Solving Techniques & Tools (e.g. PDCA, 8D, A3, etc.), Training Within Industry (TWI), Suggestion System and Benchmarking.
As a means to spread the adoption of operational excellence techniques and tools to benefit organizations, businesses and society, we take pride in designing and developing high quality training and customizable presentations, frameworks and templates to add value and complement your training and business needs.
Operational Excellence Consulting has published 203 additional documents on Flevy.
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Operations Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
It applies to All Industries
File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 15.4 MB
Number of Slides: 141 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Strategic Planning Strategy Development Strategy Deployment & Execution Hoshin Kanri
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
This product contains a supplemental ZIP document.
Terms of usage (for all documents from Operational Excellence Consulting)
Initial upload date (first version): Feb 23, 2013
Most recent version published: Oct 11, 2022
|This 32-page presentation from Operational Excellence Consulting explains the Lean Management philosophy, based on the Toyota Production System (TPS). Learn to eliminate waste. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
Strategic Planning: Hoshin Generation & Deployment Toolkit
This bundle contains 1 additional documents.
Strategy Planning & Deployment Toolkit
This bundle contains 2 additional documents.
"FlevyPro provides business frameworks from many of the global giants in management consulting that allow you to provide best in class solutions for your clients."
– David Harris, Managing Director at Futures Strategy
"FlevyPro has been a brilliant resource for me, as an independent growth consultant, to access a vast knowledge bank of presentations to support my work with clients. In terms of RoI, the value I received from the very first presentation I downloaded paid for my subscription many times over! The quality of the decks available allows me to punch way above my weight – it's like having the resources of a Big 4 consultancy at your fingertips at a microscopic fraction of the overhead."
– Roderick Cameron, Founding Partner at SGFE Ltd
"I have found Flevy to be an amazing resource and library of useful presentations for lean sigma, change management and so many other topics. This has reduced the time I need to spend on preparing for my performance consultation. The library is easily accessible and updates are regularly provided. A wealth of great information."
– Cynthia Howard RN, PhD, Executive Coach at Ei Leadership
"As a small business owner, the resource material available from FlevyPro has proven to be invaluable. The ability to search for material on demand based our project events and client requirements was great for me and proved very beneficial to my clients. Importantly, being able to easily edit and tailor the material for specific purposes helped us to make presentations, knowledge sharing, and toolkit development, which formed part of the overall program collateral. While FlevyPro contains resource material that any consultancy, project or delivery firm must have, it is an essential part of a small firm or independent consultant's toolbox."
– Michael Duff, Managing Director at Change Strategy (UK)
"As a niche strategic consulting firm, Flevy and FlevyPro frameworks and documents are an on-going reference to help us structure our findings and recommendations to our clients as well as improve their clarity, strength, and visual power. For us, it is an invaluable resource to increase our impact and value."
– David Coloma, Consulting Area Manager at Cynertia Consulting
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
"Flevy is now a part of my business routine. I visit Flevy at least 3 times each month.
Flevy has become my preferred learning source, because what it provides is practical, current, and useful in this era where the business world is being rewritten.
In today's environment where there are so many challenges and there is the need to make the right decisions in a short time, with so much scattered information, we are fortunate to have Flevy. Flevy investigates, selects, and puts at our disposal the best of the best to help us be successful in our work."
– Omar Hernán Montes Parra, CEO at Quantum SFE
"As a young consulting firm, requests for input from clients vary and it's sometimes impossible to provide expert solutions across a broad spectrum of requirements. That was before I discovered Flevy.com.
Through subscription to this invaluable site of a plethora of topics that are key and crucial to consulting, I have been able to exceed expectations and deliver quality advice and solutions to my clients. The quality and expertise of the authors are exemplary and gives me great confidence to use as part of my service offerings.
I highly recommend this company for any consultant wanting to apply international best practice standards in their service offerings. "
– Nishi Singh, Strategist and MD at NSP Consultants
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.