Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
The PDCA cycle, also known as the Deming Cycle or the Shewhart cycle, is a four-step continuous improvement process that is widely used in quality management, business improvement, and project management. The four steps of the PDCA cycle are:
• Plan: In this step, you define the problem or opportunity for improvement and gather information and data about the current state. You then develop a plan for how you will address the problem or opportunity, set goals, and create an action plan.
• Do: In this step, you implement the plan and carry out the actions that you have defined in the planning phase.
• Check: In this step, you evaluate and measure the results of the actions taken in the "Do" phase against the goals and objectives set in the "Plan" phase. This involves gathering data, analyzing it, and comparing it to the expected outcomes.
• Act: Based on the results of the "Check" phase, you decide what actions to take next. If the results met or exceeded your expectations, you can standardize the process and continue with it. If the results did not meet your expectations, you can adjust the process and try again.
The PDCA cycle is an iterative process, meaning that it is repeated continuously in order to continuously improve and refine processes.
In this PDCA PPT training presentation, you will be able to teach employees in your organization on the structured PDCA approach to problem solving. Many world class companies such as Toyota uses the PDCA approach as the core activity of management as well as a problem solving process for the relentless pursuit of continuous improvement.
When combined with the basic quality tools, the PDCA approach identifies problems, analyzes root causes and generates solutions. Teach your staff to put effective solutions in place to prevent similar problems from recurring in the future.
This methodology can be applied to both manufacturing and service organizations and can also be used in Kaizen Circle Activities.
1. Understand the principles and key concepts of problem solving
2. Learn how to apply the PDCA technique and basic quality tools to problem solving
3. Learn how to identify root causes and develop countermeasures
4. Learn how to prepare a problem solving storyboard
5. Understand the roles of problem solving team
6. Define the critical success factors for effective problem solving
1. Introduction to Problem Solving
• Methods to Increase Productivity
• What is a Problem?
• Problem Solving Funnel
• What is Problem Solving?
• Impact of Problem Solving
• Problem Solving Philosophy
• Benefits of Problem Solving
2. Concept of Problem Solving Teams
• Philosophy & Objectives of Problem Solving Team
• Fundamentals of Problem Solving Activities
• Problem Solving Team's Maxims
• Organizational Roles
• Ingredients for Problem Solving Team Success
3. Overview of Process Management
• Process Ownership
• Process Definition & Documentation
• Process Measurement
• Process Improvement
• Process Control
4. PDCA Approach to Problem Solving
• Problem Solving Techniques
• The Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Approach
• Problem Solving Process – Step-by-step
• Proper Application of the PDCA Cycle
5. Problem Solving Tools
• Seven Basic Problem Solving Tools
• Examples of the Basic Tools
• Practice Tips
• Other Useful Tools
6. Project Reporting Using A3 Storyboard
• Introduction to A3 Storyboard
• Relationship Between PDCA and The A3
• Steps of A3 Storyboarding
• 10 Common Mistakes
• Critical Success Factors
Note: This training presentation can be used together with the 'PDCA Problem Solving Template' (sold separately).
Got a question about the product? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Lean Management/Enterprise, Problem Solving, PDCA PowerPoint Slides: PDCA Problem Solving Technique & Tools PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, Operational Excellence Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE CONSULTING
Operational Excellence Consulting is a leading management training and consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals and organizations improve their effectiveness and productivity in the post-pandemic new normal. Our mission is to drive lasting beneficial change by leveraging design thinking and lean management approaches.
We work with a diverse range of clients, including government bodies, multinational corporations, and small and medium-sized enterprises, across a wide spectrum of industries.
Our firm offers a comprehensive suite of capabilities, including Design Thinking, Customer Experience Management, Business Model Innovation, Lean Process Redesign, Total Quality Management (TQM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Kaizen, Value Stream Improvement, Hoshin Kanri (Policy Deployment), Problem Solving Techniques & Tools (e.g. PDCA, 8D, A3, etc.), Training Within Industry (TWI), Suggestion System and Benchmarking.
To ensure the widespread adoption of operational excellence techniques and tools, we pride ourselves on developing high-quality, customizable training materials, presentations, frameworks, and templates to complement your training and business needs.
Operational Excellence Consulting has published 204 additional documents on Flevy.
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Operations Organization, Change, & HR
It applies to All Industries
File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 8 MB
Number of Slides: 198 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Lean Management/Enterprise Problem Solving PDCA
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
Terms of usage (for all documents from Operational Excellence Consulting)
Initial upload date (first version): Feb 23, 2013
Most recent version published: Jan 26, 2021
|This 32-page presentation from Operational Excellence Consulting explains the Lean Management philosophy, based on the Toyota Production System (TPS). Learn to eliminate waste. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
This bundle contains 1 additional documents.
Quality/Kaizen Circle Leader Toolkit
This bundle contains 1 additional documents.
This bundle contains 2 additional documents.
Lean Essentials for Shopfloor Improvement Training Package
This bundle contains 5 additional documents.
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"As a young consulting firm, requests for input from clients vary and it's sometimes impossible to provide expert solutions across a broad spectrum of requirements. That was before I discovered Flevy.com.
Through subscription to this invaluable site of a plethora of topics that are key and crucial to consulting, I have been able to exceed expectations and deliver quality advice and solutions to my clients. The quality and expertise of the authors are exemplary and gives me great confidence to use as part of my service offerings.
I highly recommend this company for any consultant wanting to apply international best practice standards in their service offerings. "
– Nishi Singh, Strategist and MD at NSP Consultants
"Flevy is our 'go to' resource for management material, at an affordable cost. The Flevy library is comprehensive and the content deep, and typically provides a great foundation for us to further develop and tailor our own service offer."
– Chris McCann, Founder at Resilient.World
"As an Independent Management Consultant, I find Flevy to add great value as a source of best practices, templates and information on new trends. Flevy has matured and the quality and quantity of the library is excellent. Lastly the price charged is reasonable, creating a win-win value for the customer, Flevy and the various authors. This is truly a service that benefits the consulting industry and associated clients. Thanks for providing this service. "
– Jim Schoen, Principal at FRC Group
"As a consulting firm, we had been creating subject matter training materials for our people and found the excellent materials on Flevy, which saved us 100's of hours of re-creating what already exists on the Flevy materials we purchased."
– Michael Evans, Managing Director at Newport LLC
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
"I have found Flevy to be an amazing resource and library of useful presentations for lean sigma, change management and so many other topics. This has reduced the time I need to spend on preparing for my performance consultation. The library is easily accessible and updates are regularly provided. A wealth of great information."
– Cynthia Howard RN, PhD, Executive Coach at Ei Leadership
"FlevyPro has been a brilliant resource for me, as an independent growth consultant, to access a vast knowledge bank of presentations to support my work with clients. In terms of RoI, the value I received from the very first presentation I downloaded paid for my subscription many times over! The quality of the decks available allows me to punch way above my weight – it's like having the resources of a Big 4 consultancy at your fingertips at a microscopic fraction of the overhead."
– Roderick Cameron, Founding Partner at SGFE Ltd
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.