Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
As rapidly as customer expectations and behaviors have been evolving, the practice of Customer Service needs to transform just to keep pace. As many people today own digital devices, service interactions are increasingly happening on the customer's own screen—whether that's a mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer—even in situations where a customer needs to talk with a company representative. This is where Digital Customer Service comes in.
Digital Customer Service means Digital Transformation of Customer Service. In essence, it is customer service that is provided through digital channels, like website support, live chat, email, social media and messaging apps.
As much as technology has improved our lives, for many people customer service experiences remain unnecessarily frustrating. By adding new digital silos (e.g. a chatbot), many companies have unconsciously created disjointed islands of context, knowledge bases and automation. However, if digital self-serve and human support are integrated and aligned to customer expectations and behaviors, digital customer service can bring significant benefits such as increased revenue, reduced cost to serve, and higher customer satisfaction.
This Digital Customer Service PPT training presentation is ideal for customer service and customer experience professionals as well as C-suite executives who are targeting to create a smooth and seamless omnichannel support for an amazing customer experience. It includes the eight most commonly used digital channels and the mistakes to avoid. Finally, it highlights the essential techniques and skills (e.g. personalization and empathy) required of service agents to manage an omnichannel support system.
1. Acquire knowledge and the key concepts of Digital Customer Service
2. Describe the approach, practices and skills for delivering efficient and effective Digital Customer Service
3. Highlight the pitfalls to avoid and success factors for Digital Customer Service
1. Introduction and Key Concepts of Digital Customer Service
• The Era Of Smart Customers
• Driven By Technology, Digital Is The New Way Of Thinking & Doing Things
• Customer Experience – A Tale Of Two Perspectives
• What Is Digital Customer Experience?
• The Seven Customer Journey Stages To Consider In Digital Experience
• Examples Of Touchpoints Along A Digital Customer Experience Journey
• Some Facts About Digital Customer Experience
• Increased Demand For Digital Customer Service
• What Is Digital Customer Service?
• Three Myths Of Digital Transformation Of Customer Service
• The Term "Digital Customer Service" Can Mean Different Things To Different People
• What Digital Customer Service Is Not
• Who Wins When Customer Service Achieves Digital Transformation?
• Why Is Digital Customer Service Important?
• Examples Of Digital Customer Service
• The Ideal Digital Service – Balancing The Human Touch Of Traditional Channels And The Efficiency Of Digital
• Consumers Embrace Digital But They Still Call For Support
• Why Does Digital Customer Service Fail?
• Excellent Digital Customer Service Entails Personalization & Empathy
• Omnichannel Is The Prerequisite For A Great Customer Experience
• Benefits Of Building An Omnichannel Experience
• Top 10 Preferred Channels By Customers
2. Approaches and Practices of Digital Customer Service
• Strategies For Building An Effective Digital Customer Service
• How Can You Develop An Omnichannel Approach?
• Digital Customer Service Channels
• Live Chat
• Mobile Messaging
• Social Media Platforms
• Video Chat
• "Contact Us" Form
• Knowledge Base
• Social Groups & Online Communities
• Phone Support
• Common Mistakes To Avoid
• Digital Customer Service – Do's
• Digital Customer Service – Don'ts
• What Is Digital Self-service?
• Common Goals Of Digital Self-service
• Common Digital Self-service Solutions
• 8 Tips For Making Digital Self-service Amazing
3. Techniques and Skills for Human Supported Digital Customer Service
• Onboarding Service Agents To Digital Customer Service
• Top 5 Skills To Improve Your Digital Customer Service
• The Human Touch Still Matters In Digital Customer Service
• Great Customer Service Starts With An Attitude
• Displaying Customer Service Attitude
• 3 Parts Of Effective Listening
• Ways Of Personalizing Your Service
• How To Adapt To Our Customer?
• The Basics Of Effective Phone Techniques
• The 5 A's Of Service Recovery
• Measuring Customer Service Success
• Performance Management System For Delivering High Quality CX Interactions
4. Pitfalls to Avoid and Factors for Success
• 4 Common Mistakes In Omnichannel Strategy
• 4 Imperatives To Promote Success In Digital Customer Service
• Best Practices To Manage Omnichannel Customer Support
Got a question about the product? Email us at email@example.com or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Customer Service PowerPoint Slides: Digital Customer Service (DCS) PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, Operational Excellence Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE CONSULTING
Operational Excellence Consulting is a leading management training and consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals and organizations improve their effectiveness and productivity in the post-pandemic new normal. Our mission is to drive lasting beneficial change by leveraging design thinking and lean management approaches.
We work with a diverse range of clients, including government bodies, multinational corporations, and small and medium-sized enterprises, across a wide spectrum of industries.
Our firm offers a comprehensive suite of capabilities, including Design Thinking, Customer Experience Management, Business Model Innovation, Lean Process Redesign, Total Quality Management (TQM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Kaizen, Value Stream Improvement, Hoshin Kanri (Policy Deployment), Problem Solving Techniques & Tools (e.g. PDCA, 8D, A3, etc.), Training Within Industry (TWI), Suggestion System and Benchmarking.
To ensure the widespread adoption of operational excellence techniques and tools, we pride ourselves on developing high-quality, customizable training materials, presentations, frameworks, and templates to complement your training and business needs.
Operational Excellence Consulting has published 209 additional documents on Flevy.
|This 32-page presentation from Operational Excellence Consulting explains the Lean Management philosophy, based on the Toyota Production System (TPS). Learn to eliminate waste. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"As a consulting firm, we had been creating subject matter training materials for our people and found the excellent materials on Flevy, which saved us 100's of hours of re-creating what already exists on the Flevy materials we purchased."
– Michael Evans, Managing Director at Newport LLC
"As a niche strategic consulting firm, Flevy and FlevyPro frameworks and documents are an on-going reference to help us structure our findings and recommendations to our clients as well as improve their clarity, strength, and visual power. For us, it is an invaluable resource to increase our impact and value."
– David Coloma, Consulting Area Manager at Cynertia Consulting
"As a young consulting firm, requests for input from clients vary and it's sometimes impossible to provide expert solutions across a broad spectrum of requirements. That was before I discovered Flevy.com.
Through subscription to this invaluable site of a plethora of topics that are key and crucial to consulting, I have been able to exceed expectations and deliver quality advice and solutions to my clients. The quality and expertise of the authors are exemplary and gives me great confidence to use as part of my service offerings.
I highly recommend this company for any consultant wanting to apply international best practice standards in their service offerings. "
– Nishi Singh, Strategist and MD at NSP Consultants
"Flevy is our 'go to' resource for management material, at an affordable cost. The Flevy library is comprehensive and the content deep, and typically provides a great foundation for us to further develop and tailor our own service offer."
– Chris McCann, Founder at Resilient.World
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.