Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
Hoshin Kanri process (a.k.a. Hoshin Planning or Policy Deployment) is a powerful strategy deployment methodology for defining long-range key entity objectives. These are breakthrough objectives that extend 3-5 years with little change. In addition, the Hoshin Kanri process does not lose sight of the day-to-day business measures required to run the business successfully.
This dual approach provides an extended period of time for the organization to focus its breakthrough effort, and at the same time, continuously improving key business processes day to day.
This methodology continues to be used by some of the world's most successful companies such as Toyota, Komatsu, Rover Group, Texas Instruments, Danaher, Bank of America, Bridgestone Tire, AT&T, Exxon Chemical, etc.
In this Hoshin Kanri PPT training presentation, you will learn the key concepts and principles of hoshin planning, deliver clear communication of the goals that are aligned to the organization's vision, deploy breakthrough objectives that encourage cross-functional team cooperation, and set up a regular review process to ensure successful achievement of your strategic goals.
NOTE: This training package includes:
1. Hoshin Kanri PPT training presentation (PowerPoint format, 16:9 widescreen)
2. Hoshin Kanri PPT training presentation (PowerPoint format, 4:3 standard screen) – FREE
3. Hoshin Kanri templates (Excel format):
• Alignment & Deployment Chart
• Management Control Chart
• Hoshin Action Plan
• Daily Management Matrix
• Hoshin Review Table
• A3 Hoshin Deployment Template (simplified version)
• A3 Hoshin Deployment Template (full version)
With the discipline of Hoshin Kanri in place, you can expect the following benefits:
1. Focuses the entire company on a few vital goals, rather than the trivial many
2. Creates alignment towards breakthrough objectives through involvement of the whole management team in the planning process
3. Communicates the key goals to all managers and staff
4. Integrates and encourages cross-functional cooperation to achieve breakthroughs
5. A review process which holds participants accountable for achieving their part of the plan
1. Understand the key concepts and principles of Hoshin Kanri
2. Describe the Hoshin Kanri approach to strategic planning, strategy deployment and review process for managed change
3. Define the Hoshin Kanri process and tools
4. Gain practical knowledge and skills in planning and deploying Hoshin Kanri in the organization
1. Key Concepts & Principles of Hoshin Kanri
• Symptoms that your Organization Needs to do Hoshin Planning
• Weaknesses of Conventional Planning
• Hoshin Planning at Toyota
• Three Limitations of Standard Strategic Planning
• What is Hoshin Kanri?
• Definition of Hoshin Kanri
• Purpose of Hoshin Kanri
• Benefits of Hoshin Kanri
• Hoshin Kanri Model
• Hoshin Deployment
• Linkages of Hoshin Kanri, Balanced Scorecard & MBO
• Comparison of Hoshin Kanri with MBO
• Breakthrough & Control
• Three Key Underlying Principles of Hoshin Kanri
• Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Cycle
• Pareto Principle (80/20 Rue)
• Cause-and-Effect Relationship
2. Hoshin Kanri Process & Tools
• Review of Strategic Planning Process
• Hoshin Kanri Cascade
• Hoshin Kanri Incorporating the Balanced Scorecard
• Four Key Phases of Hoshin Planning
• Phase 1: Hoshin Generation
• Phase 2: Hoshin Deployment
• Phase 3: Hoshin Implementation
• Phase 4: Hoshin Evaluation
• Common Hoshin Kanri Tools
• Alignment & Deployment Chart
• Daily Management Matrix
• Management Control Chart
• A3 Hoshin Deployment
3. Hoshin Kanri Deployment & Management Reviews
• Types of Hoshin Kanri
• Performance Measurements
• Continuous Improvement
• Improvement Hoshin
• Daily Management
• Cross-functional Management
• Types of Management Reviews
• Checklist for Annual Planning Session
• Guidelines for Managing Review Meetings
4. Effective Hoshin Kanri Deployment
• Three Factors Contributing to Effective Hoshin Kanri
• Factors Contributing to Operating Effectiveness
• Three Dimensions of Coherence
• Factors Affecting Mobilization
• Key Points & Summary
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Strategic Planning, Strategy Development, Strategy Deployment & Execution, Hoshin Kanri PowerPoint Slides: Strategic Planning: Hoshin Kanri (Hoshin Planning) PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, Operational Excellence Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE CONSULTING
Operational Excellence Consulting is a leading management training and consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals and organizations improve their effectiveness and productivity in the post-pandemic new normal. Our mission is to drive lasting beneficial change by leveraging design thinking and lean management approaches.
We work with a diverse range of clients, including government bodies, multinational corporations, and small and medium-sized enterprises, across a wide spectrum of industries.
Our firm offers a comprehensive suite of capabilities, including Design Thinking, Customer Experience Management, Business Model Innovation, Lean Process Redesign, Total Quality Management (TQM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Kaizen, Value Stream Improvement, Hoshin Kanri (Policy Deployment), Problem Solving Techniques & Tools (e.g. PDCA, 8D, A3, etc.), Training Within Industry (TWI), Suggestion System and Benchmarking.
To ensure the widespread adoption of operational excellence techniques and tools, we pride ourselves on developing high-quality, customizable training materials, presentations, frameworks, and templates to complement your training and business needs.
Operational Excellence Consulting has published 204 additional documents on Flevy.
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Operations Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
It applies to All Industries
File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 15.4 MB
Number of Slides: 141 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Strategic Planning Strategy Development Strategy Deployment & Execution Hoshin Kanri
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
This product contains a supplemental ZIP document.
Terms of usage (for all documents from Operational Excellence Consulting)
Initial upload date (first version): Feb 23, 2013
Most recent version published: Oct 11, 2022
|This 32-page presentation from Operational Excellence Consulting explains the Lean Management philosophy, based on the Toyota Production System (TPS). Learn to eliminate waste. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
Strategic Planning: Hoshin Generation & Deployment Toolkit
This bundle contains 1 additional documents.
Strategy Planning & Deployment Toolkit
This bundle contains 2 additional documents.
"My FlevyPro subscription provides me with the most popular frameworks and decks in demand in today’s market. They not only augment my existing consulting and coaching offerings and delivery, but also keep me abreast of the latest trends, inspire new products and service offerings for my practice, and educate me in a fraction of the time and money of other solutions. I strongly recommend FlevyPro to any consultant serious about success."
– Bill Branson, Founder at Strategic Business Architects
"The wide selection of frameworks is very useful to me as an independent consultant. In fact, it rivals what I had at my disposal at Big 4 Consulting firms in terms of efficacy and organization."
– Julia T., Consulting Firm Owner (Former Manager at Deloitte and Capgemini)
"As an Independent Management Consultant, I find Flevy to add great value as a source of best practices, templates and information on new trends. Flevy has matured and the quality and quantity of the library is excellent. Lastly the price charged is reasonable, creating a win-win value for the customer, Flevy and the various authors. This is truly a service that benefits the consulting industry and associated clients. Thanks for providing this service. "
– Jim Schoen, Principal at FRC Group
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"I have used FlevyPro for several business applications. It is a great complement to working with expensive consultants. The quality and effectiveness of the tools are of the highest standards."
– Moritz Bernhoerster, Global Sourcing Director at Fortune 500
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"As a niche strategic consulting firm, Flevy and FlevyPro frameworks and documents are an on-going reference to help us structure our findings and recommendations to our clients as well as improve their clarity, strength, and visual power. For us, it is an invaluable resource to increase our impact and value."
– David Coloma, Consulting Area Manager at Cynertia Consulting
"FlevyPro has been a brilliant resource for me, as an independent growth consultant, to access a vast knowledge bank of presentations to support my work with clients. In terms of RoI, the value I received from the very first presentation I downloaded paid for my subscription many times over! The quality of the decks available allows me to punch way above my weight – it's like having the resources of a Big 4 consultancy at your fingertips at a microscopic fraction of the overhead."
– Roderick Cameron, Founding Partner at SGFE Ltd
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.