Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
Boards often focus their most of their time and efforts on activities related to regulatory compliance and risk oversight, which helps preserve existing shareholder value. Increasingly, however, shareholders expect CEOs and boards to spend more time on long-term value creation activities.
This document explores select frameworks, models and tools that can help:
• build an effective, strategic and value-driven board
• measure current board engagement against a desired level, and
• develop an effective board evaluation
A supplementary self-explanatory Excel worksheet to help graph current and desired board engagement levels is also included. Only the "Current Level" and "Desired Level" columns need to be filled using the drop down list, with cells left blank for "Not applicable/Don't know".
1. Context and overview
• Primary parties to corporate relations
• Corporate governance stakeholders
• Corporate governance vs corporate management
2. Leadership versus management
• Leadership versus management
• Leadership and management requirements
• Role of chairman versus role of CEO
3. Building an effective board
• Overview of the board's role
• Board-building framework
• The board as a source of competitive advantage
• The contingent role of boards
4. Boards and strategy
• Multiple strategy approaches
• The board's contribution to strategy
• The board's changing levels of contribution to strategy
• The impact of context on a board's role and strategic views
• Corporate strategy tasks and roles
• Engaging the board in strategic planning
• How forward-looking boards should spend their time
5. Governance as Leadership
• Governance as Leadership
• Three governance modes
• Overlapping modes of governing
• Four quadrants of engagement
• The generative curve
• Tricker model
• Tricker model ? detailed
• Tricker model ? current versus desired
• Four pre-conditions to value-added board governance
• Value focused board governance
7. Board engagement
• Degree of board involvement
• The engaged board
• Measuring board engagement ? potential engagement areas
• Measuring board engagement ? illustrative outcome
8. Board evaluation
• A framework used for board evaluations
• Step 1 – What are our objectives?
• Step 2 – Who will be evaluated?
• Step 3 – What will be evaluated?
• Corporate Governance Practice Framework
• High performance board model
• Step 4 – Who will be asked?
• Step 5 – What techniques will be used?
• Board evaluation methodologies
• Step 6 – Who will do the evaluation?
• Step 7 – What will you do with the results?
Got a question about the product? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Shareholder Value, Corporate Board PowerPoint Slides: Value-Driven Boards - Frameworks, Models and Tools PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, ILMAM - Strategy & Management Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: ILMAM - STRATEGY & MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
ILMAM is a strategy and management consulting provider that specializes in:
• Strategic management, including strategic planning and performance management
• Strategy enablers, such as key business processes and governance
Select top quality guides and tools are offered through to enable you to perform work at your company or support your clients effectively and efficiently.
ILMAM - Strategy & Management Consulting has published 7 additional documents on Flevy.
File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 342.9 KB
Number of Slides: 53 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Shareholder Value Corporate Board
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Governance, Risk, & Compliance Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
It applies to All Industries
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
This product contains a supplemental XLSX document.
Initial upload date (first version): Sep 22, 2020
Most recent version published: Jun 22, 2022
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"As a consulting firm, we had been creating subject matter training materials for our people and found the excellent materials on Flevy, which saved us 100's of hours of re-creating what already exists on the Flevy materials we purchased."
– Michael Evans, Managing Director at Newport LLC
"I have found Flevy to be an amazing resource and library of useful presentations for lean sigma, change management and so many other topics. This has reduced the time I need to spend on preparing for my performance consultation. The library is easily accessible and updates are regularly provided. A wealth of great information."
– Cynthia Howard RN, PhD, Executive Coach at Ei Leadership
"I have used FlevyPro for several business applications. It is a great complement to working with expensive consultants. The quality and effectiveness of the tools are of the highest standards."
– Moritz Bernhoerster, Global Sourcing Director at Fortune 500
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"Flevy is now a part of my business routine. I visit Flevy at least 3 times each month.
Flevy has become my preferred learning source, because what it provides is practical, current, and useful in this era where the business world is being rewritten.
In today's environment where there are so many challenges and there is the need to make the right decisions in a short time, with so much scattered information, we are fortunate to have Flevy. Flevy investigates, selects, and puts at our disposal the best of the best to help us be successful in our work."
– Omar Hernán Montes Parra, CEO at Quantum SFE
"The wide selection of frameworks is very useful to me as an independent consultant. In fact, it rivals what I had at my disposal at Big 4 Consulting firms in terms of efficacy and organization."
– Julia T., Consulting Firm Owner (Former Manager at Deloitte and Capgemini)
"As a young consulting firm, requests for input from clients vary and it's sometimes impossible to provide expert solutions across a broad spectrum of requirements. That was before I discovered Flevy.com.
Through subscription to this invaluable site of a plethora of topics that are key and crucial to consulting, I have been able to exceed expectations and deliver quality advice and solutions to my clients. The quality and expertise of the authors are exemplary and gives me great confidence to use as part of my service offerings.
I highly recommend this company for any consultant wanting to apply international best practice standards in their service offerings. "
– Nishi Singh, Strategist and MD at NSP Consultants
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.