Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
Creative Thinking Handbook
How to be Innovative and Develop Great Ideas
1. Blocks and Blockbusters to Creativity
2. Conceptual Blocks
3. Types of Conceptual Blocks
7. The Paradoxical Characteristics of Creative Groups
8. Myths about Creativity
9. Tools for Defining Problems
10. Kipling Method
11. Problem Statement & Solving
12. Challenge Method
13. Tools for Creating New Ideas
16. Organizational Characteristics that Support Creativity and Innovation
17. Creating a Creative Climate
What is creativity?
• Creative thinking is defined as finding or using new ways to look at problem and trying to solve them from a different perspective. Creative thinking is often dubbed unsettling or unorthodox because they often require such drastic change in the norm of solving or looking at problems.
• There are many companies that are successful when they use creative thinking in handling their business and problems related to it. Although many deemed them as radical or the suggestions they're implying are extreme, the people who thinks creatively often proved to be ones that get the last laugh
Why creative thinking skills are important?
1. Despite being deemed as radical or extreme, creative thinking skills challenges a person to look beyond the problem and instead of focusing on one or two ways of solving it, a creative thinker is able to look for ways around the problem
2. For HR managers who deal with many different aspect of a company on daily basis, creative thinking skills can't be more important. Not only HR managers require certain skill sets such as people management, multitasking skills, excellent communication skills and a strong business acumen, these skill sets often require creative thinking skills to complement them
3. Creative thinking skills are important, especially for HR managers, because:
4. This skill enables a manager to see new ways to manage a business more efficiently. As mentioned, because HR department deals with several different issues in a day, creative thinking will help HR managers delegate and/or solve issues without the common hassle of management problems
5. Creative thinking, other than looking for new ways to handle an issue, is also about building up on old ideas through new methods. This can be achieved if a HR manager is knowledgeable in many different fields or aspects. He or she will be able to compile ideas from these areas and then look at these from a different angle While it's true that experience may hinder a person from thinking creatively due to its constraints to use what has been tried and tested before, a creative thinker is able to use the knowledge from that experience and develop that into a new idea using creative ways of looking at things and solving any issues relating to them
6. It encourages discussion. Brainstorming is one of the methods to adopt and improve creative thinking skills. When a group of people is pooled together to discuss, opinions and ideas flow better because not one person thinks the same way even though they may have similar ideas. The more people discuss on an issue the more solutions can be found. This way, it encourages people to look beyond what is in front of them and search for other alternatives
7. Creative thinking requires a person to push the boundaries of expectations in solving problems. Due to this, a manager who thinks creatively will increase his or her ability to let go of the existing paradigm and changes the framework of reference in handling day to day issues
8. With a creative thinking environment being encouraged at work, it can optimize the work environment for every employee. Rather than having a mundane way of working, employees are encouraged to try new things and explore as many plausible solutions to handle a task or a problem as possible
9. In the HR department, while every employee's case might need different kind of handling, office work can still be routine and tedious. Creative thinking skills will allow managers and employees alike to develop new perspective at looking at old issues and seek new ways in solving practical problems
10. Creative thinking brings people together. During discussion or brainstorming, managers and employees are able to put their heads together to look for the alternative solutions. During this course, everyone has a chance to engage, motivate and encourage each other to voice out their ideas. HR managers get access to multiple perspectives that he or she can use or discuss with the team further. This creates a healthy working environment where open discussion and sharing ideas are encouraged
11. hen there are many people giving out ideas, HR managers have the chance to develop these ideas either together or individually. Ideas that are generated during brainstorming are usually useful and unique. These ideas are worthy of further elaboration to suit the direction and objective of the department
Thank you for your attention.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Creativity Word: Creative Thinking Handbook Word (DOCX) Document, UJ Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: UJ CONSULTING
Untung Juanto ST., MM. Founder of UJ Consulting. He is professionally experienced business and management consultant in several local and multinational companies. [read more] He has an experience in managing an effective and efficient company with various approach methods adapted to different industries because He had a career from the lower management level as Supervisor before finally being at the top management level. His Top Management experience started from the position of General Manager, VP Operation, HR Director and Business Development Director
He completed his undergraduate education majoring in Architecture at Diponegoro University, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. After that, He continued to Master of Management level majoring in Human Resource Management with cum laude predicate with a GPA of 3.94 at Mercubuana University, Jakarta, Indonesia.
His last work experience as Deputy President Director at Hutahaean Group in charge of 14 business units engaged in various industries including CPO Production, Oil Palm Plantation, Cassava Plantation, Tapioca flour production, 4 and 5 star hotels, waterparks, golf courses and housing with a total of employees more than 3,000 employees.
His biggest achievement was in 2021 when He served as Deputy President Director at Hutahaean Group Indonesia by increasing the company's revenue from IDR 700 billion to IDR 1.1 trillion (y/y) and increasing the profit margin by more than 20%. Doing a turn around on business units that have lost in the last 5 years become profits. In addition, He have also succeeded in creating an efficient and effective management system by redesigning the Business Process Management (BPM), reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions and compiling the appropriate Key Performance Indicator Management (KPIM) to increase employee productivity.
He is currently active as a part-time business and management consultant (online) at Enquire Corp. and Flevy Corp. In addition, He also teach part-time at several universities for courses in strategic management, human resource management, project management, entrepreneurship and business.
UJ Consulting has published 168 additional documents on Flevy.
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Organization, Change, & HR Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
It applies to All Industries
File Size: 533 KB
Number of Pages: 46
Related Topic(s): Creativity
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
Initial upload date (first version): Jan 14, 2023
Most recent version published: Jan 18, 2023
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S Strategy Model, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Experience Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"As a small business owner, the resource material available from FlevyPro has proven to be invaluable. The ability to search for material on demand based our project events and client requirements was great for me and proved very beneficial to my clients. Importantly, being able to easily edit and tailor the material for specific purposes helped us to make presentations, knowledge sharing, and toolkit development, which formed part of the overall program collateral. While FlevyPro contains resource material that any consultancy, project or delivery firm must have, it is an essential part of a small firm or independent consultant's toolbox."
– Michael Duff, Managing Director at Change Strategy (UK)
"As a niche strategic consulting firm, Flevy and FlevyPro frameworks and documents are an on-going reference to help us structure our findings and recommendations to our clients as well as improve their clarity, strength, and visual power. For us, it is an invaluable resource to increase our impact and value."
– David Coloma, Consulting Area Manager at Cynertia Consulting
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
"FlevyPro provides business frameworks from many of the global giants in management consulting that allow you to provide best in class solutions for your clients."
– David Harris, Managing Director at Futures Strategy
"My FlevyPro subscription provides me with the most popular frameworks and decks in demand in today’s market. They not only augment my existing consulting and coaching offerings and delivery, but also keep me abreast of the latest trends, inspire new products and service offerings for my practice, and educate me in a fraction of the time and money of other solutions. I strongly recommend FlevyPro to any consultant serious about success."
– Bill Branson, Founder at Strategic Business Architects
"FlevyPro has been a brilliant resource for me, as an independent growth consultant, to access a vast knowledge bank of presentations to support my work with clients. In terms of RoI, the value I received from the very first presentation I downloaded paid for my subscription many times over! The quality of the decks available allows me to punch way above my weight – it's like having the resources of a Big 4 consultancy at your fingertips at a microscopic fraction of the overhead."
– Roderick Cameron, Founding Partner at SGFE Ltd
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.