Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT
The 8D (Eight Disciplines) approach is a systematic problem solving process. Popularized by Ford Motor Company, the 8D process is now a standard in the automotive industry. The 8D problem solving process has proven to be highly effective in product and process improvement.
Following the logic of the PDCA cycle, the 8D process enables problem solving teams to identify root causes, develop proper actions to eliminate root causes, and implement permanent corrective action to prevent recurrence. It includes key analytical tools such as Is/Is Not Analysis and Root Cause Analysis using 5 Whys and the Fishbone Diagram.
This highly detailed training presentation will help you to teach employees in your company or organization to better understand team dynamics and solve problems using a disciplined approach.
NOTE: This training package includes:
1. 8D Problem Solving training presentation (PowerPoint format)
2. 8D Report worksheet (Word format)
3. 8D Is / Is Not worksheet (Excel format)
4. FMEA form (Excel format)
1. Understand the key concepts and principles of 8D problem solving
2. Understand the dynamics of team-based problem solving
3. Define the roles of the 8D problem solving team
4. Familiarize with the use of analytical tools in the 8D process
5. Describe the objective of each step of the 8D process
6. Define the critical success factors for effective 8D problem solving
1. Key Concepts & Principles of 8D Problem Solving
• The blind men and an elephant
• Common pitfalls in problem solving
• What is a problem?
• What is problem solving?
• Impact of problem solving
• Benefits of problem solving
• What is 8D problem solving?
• Applying 8D methodology
• Why use 8D?
• Overview of the 8D model
2. Team Approach to 8D Problem Solving
• What is a team?
• Types of teams
• Qualities of an effective team
• Why do we need teamwork in problem solving?
• Why is teamwork important?
• Characteristics of healthy teamwork
• Working together as a team
• Team member ground rules
• Keys to team success
• Tuckman's model of team development stages
3. Roles of 8D Problem Solving Team
• What is a problem solving team?
• Role of the champion
• Role of the team leader
• Role of the team member
• Role of the facilitator
• Problem solving team's maxims
• Ingredients for problem solving team success
4. Review of Analytical Tools in 8D
• Brainstorming rules
• Affinity diagram
• Is / Is not
• Control charts
• 5 whys
• Cause and effect diagram (Fishbone diagram)
• Relationship between 8D and FMEA
5. 8D Problem Solving Process – The Step by Step Approach
• Types of problem solving techniques
• 8D process model is based on the PDCA approach
• Importance of an 8D report
• D0: Plan
• D1: Initiate project team
• D2: Define the problem
• D3: Implement containment actions
• D4: Identify root causes
• D5: Develop and verify solution
• D6: Implement corrective actions
• D7: Prevent recurrence
• D8: Recognize project team
6. Preparing the 8D Report
• The 8D report template
7. Critical Success Factors
• Additional slides covering common tools such as Flowchart, Gantt Chart, Check Sheet, Run Chart (Graph), Pareto Chart, Histogram and Scatter Diagram.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Problem Solving, 8D PowerPoint Slides: 8D Problem Solving Technique & Tools PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, Operational Excellence Consulting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE CONSULTING
Operational Excellence Consulting is a leading management training and consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals and organizations improve their effectiveness and productivity in the post-pandemic new normal. Our mission is to drive lasting beneficial change by leveraging design thinking and lean management approaches.
We work with a diverse range of clients, including government bodies, multinational corporations, and small and medium-sized enterprises, across a wide spectrum of industries.
Our firm offers a comprehensive suite of capabilities, including Design Thinking, Customer Experience Management, Business Model Innovation, Lean Process Redesign, Total Quality Management (TQM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Kaizen, Value Stream Improvement, Hoshin Kanri (Policy Deployment), Problem Solving Techniques & Tools (e.g. PDCA, 8D, A3, etc.), Training Within Industry (TWI), Suggestion System and Benchmarking.
To ensure the widespread adoption of operational excellence techniques and tools, we pride ourselves on developing high-quality, customizable training materials, presentations, frameworks, and templates to complement your training and business needs.
Operational Excellence Consulting has published 205 additional documents on Flevy.
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Operations Organization, Change, & HR
It applies to All Industries
File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 21 MB
Number of Slides: 286 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Problem Solving 8D
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
This product contains a supplemental ZIP document.
Terms of usage (for all documents from Operational Excellence Consulting)
Initial upload date (first version): May 18, 2014
Most recent version published: Sep 22, 2021
|This 32-page presentation from Operational Excellence Consulting explains the Lean Management philosophy, based on the Toyota Production System (TPS). Learn to eliminate waste. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
This bundle contains 1 additional documents.
"[Flevy] produces some great work that has been/continues to be of immense help not only to myself, but as I seek to provide professional services to my clients, it give me a large "tool box" of resources that are critical to provide them with the quality of service and outcomes they are expecting."
– Royston Knowles, Executive with 50+ Years of Board Level Experience
"My FlevyPro subscription provides me with the most popular frameworks and decks in demand in today’s market. They not only augment my existing consulting and coaching offerings and delivery, but also keep me abreast of the latest trends, inspire new products and service offerings for my practice, and educate me in a fraction of the time and money of other solutions. I strongly recommend FlevyPro to any consultant serious about success."
– Bill Branson, Founder at Strategic Business Architects
"One of the great discoveries that I have made for my business is the Flevy library of training materials.
As a Lean Transformation Expert, I am always making presentations to clients on a variety of topics: Training, Transformation, Total Productive Maintenance, Culture, Coaching, Tools, Leadership Behavior, etc. Flevy usually has just what I need to make my point.
It is well worth the money to purchase these presentations. Sure, I have the knowledge and information to make my point. It is another thing to create a presentation that captures what I want to say. Flevy has saved me countless hours of preparation time that is much better spent with implementation that will actually save money for my clients."
– Ed Kemmerling, Senior Lean Transformation Expert at PMG
"I like your product. I'm frequently designing PowerPoint presentations for my company and your product has given me so many great ideas on the use of charts, layouts, tools, and frameworks. I really think the templates are a valuable asset to the job."
– Roberto Fuentes Martinez, Senior Executive Director at Technology Transformation Advisory
"I have used FlevyPro for several business applications. It is a great complement to working with expensive consultants. The quality and effectiveness of the tools are of the highest standards."
– Moritz Bernhoerster, Global Sourcing Director at Fortune 500
"I have found Flevy to be an amazing resource and library of useful presentations for lean sigma, change management and so many other topics. This has reduced the time I need to spend on preparing for my performance consultation. The library is easily accessible and updates are regularly provided. A wealth of great information."
– Cynthia Howard RN, PhD, Executive Coach at Ei Leadership
"Flevy is our 'go to' resource for management material, at an affordable cost. The Flevy library is comprehensive and the content deep, and typically provides a great foundation for us to further develop and tailor our own service offer."
– Chris McCann, Founder at Resilient.World
"FlevyPro has been a brilliant resource for me, as an independent growth consultant, to access a vast knowledge bank of presentations to support my work with clients. In terms of RoI, the value I received from the very first presentation I downloaded paid for my subscription many times over! The quality of the decks available allows me to punch way above my weight – it's like having the resources of a Big 4 consultancy at your fingertips at a microscopic fraction of the overhead."
– Roderick Cameron, Founding Partner at SGFE Ltd
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.