Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
ALL FEES INCLUDED
|Add to Cart|
The full course on Distributed Control Systems (DCS) consists of 19 training modules. This document refers to the second training module only, Introduction to Control Systems. This section discusses the design and application of process control computers used in industry. Specific topics include:
• History of Control Systems
• Direct Digital Control
• Centralised Computer Control
• Distributed Control Systems
• Programmable Logic Controllers
Upon the successful completion of the full DCS course (all 19 modules), you will be able to:
• Apply an in-depth knowledge and skills in DCS systems and implement systematic applications, selection and troubleshooting techniques and methods
• Identify the DCS hardware & software particularly the traditional process controllers, programming, execution time, configuration, etc.
• List the parts and configuration of the SCADA system and determine its basic architecture and levels of hierarchy
• Differentiate DCS from PLC and SCADA and discuss their features and functions
• Determine the types of DCS used in petroleum refining processes and explain their specific function in each process
• Employ the concepts of alarm management system including its types, features, architecture and functions
• Discuss the concepts of humans in control and identify the factors that contribute in the following concept
• Recognize the safety considerations involved in DCS such as intrinsic safety, explosion, approval standards, oxygen, etc.
• Identify types of redundancy and recognize how it works
• Appreciate the principles analogue and digital field communications and discuss its transmitter classifications, intrinsic safety, fieldbus communications & technologies, etc.
• Discuss the concepts of safety instrumented systems and explain its functions, integration and hazard and risk analysis
• Explain the maintenance considerations of DCS and identify the various types of failures and faults
• Select the proper DCS system for each application and determine the system specification, its functional description, and diagrams
We can also furnish additional materials via email relevant to your purchased document(s).
For an additional fee, we can provide technical support to relevant engineering projects.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: Best Practices in Distributed Control Systems PowerPoint Slides: Distributed Control Systems (DCS) - Intro to Control Systems PowerPoint (PPT) Presentation, XRS Consulting Engineers
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: XRS CONSULTING ENGINEERS
Stephanus Roux, founder of XRS Consulting Engineers, is a licensed engineering in electrical, instrumentation, and control systems. He is a certified international project manager with numerous credentials: PhD (Elec), C. Eng ,Int. PE (UK) , Eur. Ing, FIET (UK) , FInst MC (UK).
Stephanus has 40 years experience in projects around coal mining, fertilizer, petrochemical, LNG plants, etc., including international projects up to 1.5 Billion USD. Past roles include Lead Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Manager, and Project Manager.
XRS Consulting Engineers has published 164 additional documents on Flevy.
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Operations
It applies to All Industries
File Type: PowerPoint (ppt)
File Size: 721 KB
Number of Slides: 94 (includes cover, transition, & marketing slides)
Related Topic(s): Distributed Control Systems
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
Initial upload date (first version): Dec 27, 2017
Most recent version published: Dec 29, 2017
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S Strategy Model, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Experience Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
Complete Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Course
This bundle contains 18 additional documents.
"As a consulting firm, we had been creating subject matter training materials for our people and found the excellent materials on Flevy, which saved us 100's of hours of re-creating what already exists on the Flevy materials we purchased."
– Michael Evans, Managing Director at Newport LLC
"The wide selection of frameworks is very useful to me as an independent consultant. In fact, it rivals what I had at my disposal at Big 4 Consulting firms in terms of efficacy and organization."
– Julia T., Consulting Firm Owner (Former Manager at Deloitte and Capgemini)
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
"As an Independent Management Consultant, I find Flevy to add great value as a source of best practices, templates and information on new trends. Flevy has matured and the quality and quantity of the library is excellent. Lastly the price charged is reasonable, creating a win-win value for the customer, Flevy and the various authors. This is truly a service that benefits the consulting industry and associated clients. Thanks for providing this service. "
– Jim Schoen, Principal at FRC Group
"Flevy is our 'go to' resource for management material, at an affordable cost. The Flevy library is comprehensive and the content deep, and typically provides a great foundation for us to further develop and tailor our own service offer."
– Chris McCann, Founder at Resilient.World
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
"As a small business owner, the resource material available from FlevyPro has proven to be invaluable. The ability to search for material on demand based our project events and client requirements was great for me and proved very beneficial to my clients. Importantly, being able to easily edit and tailor the material for specific purposes helped us to make presentations, knowledge sharing, and toolkit development, which formed part of the overall program collateral. While FlevyPro contains resource material that any consultancy, project or delivery firm must have, it is an essential part of a small firm or independent consultant's toolbox."
– Michael Duff, Managing Director at Change Strategy (UK)
"I like your product. I'm frequently designing PowerPoint presentations for my company and your product has given me so many great ideas on the use of charts, layouts, tools, and frameworks. I really think the templates are a valuable asset to the job."
– Roberto Fuentes Martinez, Senior Executive Director at Technology Transformation Advisory
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.