Please login here to save this document to a list.
If you don't have an account, you can register for free here.
The full course on Process Control & Instrumentation, consists of 18 training modules covering topics of Piping and Instrumentation Design (P&ID), Instrumentation, and Control. This document is for 1 of the modules: Control Strategies. Specific topics covered include:
• Manual Control
• Feedback Control
• System Responses
• ON-OFF Control
• Proportional Control
• Ultimate Gain
• Tuning Methods
• Ratio Control
• Cascade Control
• Application Examples
Upon the successful completion of the full course (all 18 modules), you will be able to:
• Apply a comprehensive knowledge on P&ID, instrumentation and control
• Identify the different currently-available methods of pressure and level measurement
• Appreciate the various aspects of density, temperature measurement and the advantages of different instruments used
• Recognize the importance of accurate flow measurement in process control
• Identify operating characteristics of all the commonly available industrial gas and liquid flowmeters in single-phase flows and their performance and limitations in multiphase flows
• Identify some basic aspects of statistics used in process control and instrumentation including repeatability, reproducibility, random and systematic effects and uncertainty and use of calibration graphs
• List the significance of control valve technology in process control and scope of control valve performance
• Identify the different valve and actuator types, control valve accessories and process of control valve selection
• Apply proper procedure for the sizing of control valves for gas and liquid flows
• Identify the problems of flow cavitation and flashing and their control
• Perform installation and maintenance procedures for valves
• Identify the various common control loops and feedback systems
• Implement the different control strategies including manual control, feedback control, feed forward control and simple on-off control
• Recognize safety issues in process control systems in accordance with topics covering cleanliness, fault-finding instrumentation and preventive maintenance
• Enrich knowledge in process control and instrumentation through various worked examples and videos related to plant-wide asset optimization, utilization of plant data and proactive plant maintenance
We can also furnish additional materials via email relevant to your purchased document(s).
For an additional fee, we can provide technical support to relevant engineering projects.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the "Ask the Author a Question" form. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: P&ID, Instrumentation, & Control - Control Strategies PowerPoint (PPTX) Presentation, XRS Consulting Engineers
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: XRS CONSULTING ENGINEERS
Stephanus Roux, founder of XRS Consulting Engineers, is a licensed engineering in electrical, instrumentation, and control systems. He is a certified international project manager with numerous credentials: PhD (Elec), C. Eng ,Int. PE (UK) , Eur. Ing, FIET (UK) , FInst MC (UK).
Stephanus has 40 years experience in projects around coal mining, fertilizer, petrochemical, LNG plants, etc., including international projects up to 1.5 Billion USD. Past roles include Lead Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Manager, and Project Manager.
XRS Consulting Engineers has published 164 additional documents on Flevy.
|Download our free compilation of 50+ Strategy & Transformation slides and templates. Frameworks include McKinsey 7-S Strategy Model, Balanced Scorecard, Disruptive Innovation, BCG Experience Curve, and many more. To receive this free download, enter your email address below and click the "Email Me" button.|
P&ID, Instrumentation, & Control Course
This bundle contains 17 additional documents.
"As a consulting firm, we had been creating subject matter training materials for our people and found the excellent materials on Flevy, which saved us 100's of hours of re-creating what already exists on the Flevy materials we purchased."
– Michael Evans, Managing Director at Newport LLC
"As a young consulting firm, requests for input from clients vary and it's sometimes impossible to provide expert solutions across a broad spectrum of requirements. That was before I discovered Flevy.com.
Through subscription to this invaluable site of a plethora of topics that are key and crucial to consulting, I have been able to exceed expectations and deliver quality advice and solutions to my clients. The quality and expertise of the authors are exemplary and gives me great confidence to use as part of my service offerings.
I highly recommend this company for any consultant wanting to apply international best practice standards in their service offerings. "
– Nishi Singh, Strategist and MD at NSP Consultants
"As a consultant requiring up to date and professional material that will be of value and use to my clients, I find Flevy a very reliable resource.
The variety and quality of material available through Flevy offers a very useful and commanding source for information. Using Flevy saves me time, enhances my expertise and ends up being a good decision."
– Dennis Gershowitz, Principal at DG Associates
"If you are looking for great resources to save time with your business presentations, Flevy is truly a value-added resource. Flevy has done all the work for you and we will continue to utilize Flevy as a source to extract up-to-date information and data for our virtual and onsite presentations!"
– Debbi Saffo, President at The NiKhar Group
"I have used Flevy services for a number of years and have never, ever been disappointed. As a matter of fact, David and his team continue, time after time, to impress me with their willingness to assist and in the real sense of the word. I have concluded in fact that it is not at all just a repository of documents/resources but, in the way that David and his team manage the firm, it is like dealing with consultants always ready to assist, advise and direct you to what you really need, and they always get it right.
I am an international hospitality accomplished senior executive who has worked and lived during the past 35 years in 23 countries in 5 continents and I can humbly say that I know what customer service is, trust me.
Aside from the great and professional service that Flevy's team provide, their wide variety of material is of utmost great quality, professionally put together and most current.
Well done Flevy, keep up the great work and I look forward to continue working with you in the future and to recommend you to a variety of colleagues around the world."
– Roberto Pelliccia, Senior Executive in International Hospitality
"As a niche strategic consulting firm, Flevy and FlevyPro frameworks and documents are an on-going reference to help us structure our findings and recommendations to our clients as well as improve their clarity, strength, and visual power. For us, it is an invaluable resource to increase our impact and value."
– David Coloma, Consulting Area Manager at Cynertia Consulting
"The wide selection of frameworks is very useful to me as an independent consultant. In fact, it rivals what I had at my disposal at Big 4 Consulting firms in terms of efficacy and organization."
– Julia T., Consulting Firm Owner (Former Manager at Deloitte and Capgemini)
"FlevyPro has been a brilliant resource for me, as an independent growth consultant, to access a vast knowledge bank of presentations to support my work with clients. In terms of RoI, the value I received from the very first presentation I downloaded paid for my subscription many times over! The quality of the decks available allows me to punch way above my weight – it's like having the resources of a Big 4 consultancy at your fingertips at a microscopic fraction of the overhead."
– Roderick Cameron, Founding Partner at SGFE Ltd
Do You Want to Get Lean?We've assembled 40 Lean Six Sigma guides: Lean Management, Six Sigma, Strategy Planning, Process, and Change Management.
Waste Too Much Time on PowerPoint?Get our FREE PowerPoint Plugin (Flevy Tools) for creating common business diagrams, from Gantt Charts to Harvey Balls.
Do You Run a Consulting Firm?Learn how to level the playing field with global consulting firms, like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, E&Y, and Accenture.
Need Help with PowerPoint or Excel?Have our highly trained staff create the exact documents you need. We offer PowerPoint and Excel document creation services.
FlevyPro (Subscription Service)
Flevy Executive Learning (FEL)
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Contact / FAQ / Terms / Privacy
flevyblog (Business Magazine)
Strategy, Marketing, & Sales
Organization, Change, & HR
Health & Safety
Governance, Risk, & Compliance
Customer-centric Design (CCD)
Human Resource Management
Blue Ocean Strategy
COVID-19 Trend Data
Consulting Training Guides
Organizational Culture (OC)
Organizational Design (OD)
Organizational Leadership (OL)
Financial Advising Services (FAS)
Flevy Tools (PowerPoint Plugin)
Lean Six Sigma Training Guides
Post-merger Integration (PMI)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Small Business Owner
© 2012-2023 Copyright. Flevy LLC. All Rights Reserved.