If you are logged in
, your referral link [?]
is automatically included below.
EMBED CODE (Copy and Paste)
The full course on Process Control & Instrumentation, consists of 18 training modules covering topics of Piping and Instrumentation Design (P&ID), Instrumentation, and Control. This document is for 1 of the modules: Temperature Measurement. Specific topics covered include:
* Non-Contact Types
* Impact on Overall Loop
* Installation Considerations
* Future Technologies
Upon the successful completion of the full course (all 18 modules), you will be able to:
* Apply a comprehensive knowledge on P&ID, instrumentation and control
* Identify the different currently-available methods of pressure and level measurement
* Appreciate the various aspects of density, temperature measurement and the advantages of different instruments used
* Recognize the importance of accurate flow measurement in process control
* Identify operating characteristics of all the commonly available industrial gas and liquid flowmeters in single-phase flows and their performance and limitations in multiphase flows
* Identify some basic aspects of statistics used in process control and instrumentation including repeatability, reproducibility, random and systematic effects and uncertainty and use of calibration graphs
* List the significance of control valve technology in process control and scope of control valve performance
* Identify the different valve and actuator types, control valve accessories and process of control valve selection
* Apply proper procedure for the sizing of control valves for gas and liquid flows
* Identify the problems of flow cavitation and flashing and their control
* Perform installation and maintenance procedures for valves
* Identify the various common control loops and feedback systems
* Implement the different control strategies including manual control, feedback control, feed forward control and simple on-off control
* Recognize safety issues in process control systems in accordance with topics covering cleanliness, fault-finding instrumentation and preventive maintenance
* Enrich knowledge in process control and instrumentation through various worked examples and videos related to plant-wide asset optimization, utilization of plant data and proactive plant maintenance
We can also furnish additional materials via email relevant to your purchased document(s).
For an additional fee, we can provide technical support to relevant engineering projects.
Got a question about the product? Email us at [email protected] or ask the author directly by using the form to the right. If you cannot view the preview above this document description, go here to view the large preview instead.
Source: P&ID, Instrumentation, & Control - Temperature Measurement PowerPoint document
This document can be purchased as part of a discount bundle:
P&ID, Instrumentation, & Control - Temperature Measurement
Sold by XRS Consulting Engineers (this author has 141 documents)
This business document is categorized under the function(s): Operations
It applies to All Industries.
File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 954.7 KB
Number of Slides: 68
Purchase includes lifetime product updates. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
Initial upload date (first version): Jan 6, 2018
Most recent version published: Jan 7, 2018
Ask the Author a Question
Must be logged in
Click here to log in
Report this Document
Please explain why the content is inappropriate and provide as much detail as possible. Possible reasons include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Copyright Violation